• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    exactly, thx for illustrating my point.

What is interesting is that the biggest surpluses were under a Labour government, which is not surprising as they raise taxes as they did in 1997.
    What taxes did they raise in 97?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      fuel duties
      tobacco duties
      Windfall tax on energy companies
      abolition of dividend tax credit
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Weekend polls vary from a 6% lead to 15%, someone is wrong, very wrong. The question is who.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

fuel duties
          tobacco duties
          Windfall tax on energy companies
          abolition of dividend tax credit
          Whodathunk, raising taxes pays for stuff. Like fixing leaky school buildings, for example.

Revealed: one in five school buildings in England require urgent repairs | Education | The Guardian

One teacher in a primary school in Teesside said she worked in a 26-year-old portable building with windows that would not open and others that would not close.

“There is a horrendous cold draft, so I often have to sit with my coat on with the children coming in,” she said.
          Upon arriving in office in 2010, the Conservatives scrapped the previous Labour government’s Building Schools for the Future scheme, a £55bn programme to rebuild every secondary school in England.

Comment

"a £55bn programme to rebuild every secondary school in England."

Comment

exactly, thx for illustrating my point.

You have to forgive him. He doesn't understand maffs and graffs, innit.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I entered an election prediction on www.electoralcalculus.co.uk, with a typical lead in the polls of 10% to the Tories, which would normally give a majority but then added 10% tactical voting and got this:

National Prediction: Conservative short 1 of majority
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I entered an election prediction on www.electoralcalculus.co.uk, with a typical lead in the polls of 10% to the Tories, which would normally give a majority but then added 10% tactical voting and got this:

|Honestly

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Removed dividend tax credit that was rightfully claimed by pension funds

Comment

Where is Andrew Neil when you need him? Even though brave Sir Bozo ran away, Neil did get his spiel out. Bravo Andrew Neil!

'It is not too late': Andrew Neil challenges Johnson to commit to interview – video | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Working...
                      X