• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do current polls compare with the week before the previous (and previous previous) GEs - we have seen polls do pretty badly but I wonder if this is systemic and therefore useful for predictions i.e. correlating polls, exit polls and results?

Also, how does NI stand to affect things? DUP have 10 MPs but is that likely to change enough to be of any import in case of a non-majority government?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      How do current polls compare with the week before the previous (and previous previous) GEs - we have seen polls do pretty badly but I wonder if this is systemic and therefore useful for predictions i.e. correlating polls, exit polls and results?

Also, how does NI stand to affect things? DUP have 10 MPs but is that likely to change enough to be of any import in case of a non-majority government?
      DUP to lose one or two seats. SDLP may gain one or two - they will support Labour, broadly. The independent Unionist is not standing. Not a big change in seats overall. The position taken by the DUP following Johnson's Surrender Deal and betrayal of NI may be important.

Comment

Polls are worthless in this election.

There is a swing to Labour (not shown in polls) giving them a small majority that will need support from SNP/Lib Dems.

Corbyn will be Prime Minister until his death in 2035.

Comment

It would be hilarious if there was a Tory landslide and they were forced to deliver their version of Brexit with no excuses of “it’s someone else’s fault”
          The Tories need a very slim coalition majority, that way they can continue to blame everyone else.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            DUP to lose one or two seats. SDLP may gain one or two - they will support Labour, broadly. The independent Unionist is not standing. Not a big change in seats overall. The position taken by the DUP following Johnson's Surrender Deal and betrayal of NI may be important.
            They already took £1bn and then betrayed the government, not sure what more they can do to cause problems.

Hopefully we get a majority government and these little bitty parties won't be in the position to dictate anything.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              It would be hilarious if there was a Tory landslide and they were forced to deliver their version of Brexit with no excuses of “it’s someone else’s fault”
              The Tories need a very slim coalition majority, that way they can continue to blame everyone else.
              This is my hope. The Tories, and their supporters, deserve a hard brexit. Bojo has got away with it so far as it's always been someone else's fault ... we need to give him a majority so he can "take back control"
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                This is my hope. The Tories, and their supporters, deserve a hard brexit. Bojo has got away with it so far as it's always been someone else's fault ... we need to give him a majority so he can "take back control"
                Isn't it about time you came up with an original thought rather than regurgitating everything that sasguru posted months ago?

It is said that "Imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery." but come on, stun us with your own witty repartee.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Isn't it about time you came up with an original thought rather than regurgitating everything that sasguru posted months ago?

It is said that "Imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery." but come on, stun us with your own witty repartee.
                  Is it so difficult for you to understand that those of us who are successful will remain so whether there is a hard, soft or no brexit? Some of us don't blame foreigners for our lack of success like yourself.

Maybe I'm SAS's sockie ... or is he mine? Are we really the same poster? Maybe you'll never know

One thing is for sure, I think (sorry I mean we both think) you're as dumb as a door post
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    It will be the EU's fault if we can't get the trade deal we want by the end of next year.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I hope the Tories get an overall majority, but it's slim enough that they need to be kept in check by some of their more centrist MP's
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X