• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Thank you, I will. School holidays started early?

The Tories no longer need the DUP to support them. That's a £1.5bn saving. In fact, NI is now a political irrelevance to the English parties, and if BJ/Cums can convince certain individuals, now would be a good time to call for a united Ireland vote (as per the GFA). think you missed writing the end of your thought here (a 'then'/'else' normally follows an 'if' doesn't it?)

We can also expect a lot of backtracking over the next few weeks - the manifesto only being conceptual ideas, not plans, etc. When the results are narrow, you can always blame others for not being able to do what you want. When it's a landslide, you can't. They must deliver the promised hard brexit, hard borders, build 40 new hospitals, employ 50,000 new nurses. Nothing to stop them doing that.

When your party has been in power for 9+ years, you can't continue to blame previous governments. The promises of balancing books, etc are long gone, and forgotten by the faithful.
    Glad to hear it. Don't believe so, but then I've never really tracked the dates that much and google is your friend.

As long as all that is extremely amusing to you, more power to you and thanks for sharing
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      ...That's a £1.5bn saving. In fact, NI is now a political irrelevance to the English parties, and if BJ/Cums can convince certain individuals, now would be a good time to call for a united Ireland vote (as per the GFA). think you missed writing the end of your thought here (a 'then'/'else' normally follows an 'if' doesn't it?)
      I've no idea why you added in the part in red apart from the usual attempt to deflect.
      Most readers of the English language would be able to comprehend that the comma after the word "individuals" serves in place of the word "THEN"

Consider such phrases as:
      "If you're making coffee, I'll have one too"
      "If someone hates foreigners, they are xenophobic"
      "If a driver breaks the speed limit, they might get a fine"
      "If Boris knew how many kids he had, he'd know how many to buy presents for"

None of those contain a "then" or "else", but all make perfect grammatical sense to those with basic English comprehension skills.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've no idea why you added in the part in red apart from the usual attempt to deflect.
        Most readers of the English language would be able to comprehend that the comma after the word "individuals" serves in place of the word "THEN"

None of those contain a "then" or "else", but all make perfect grammatical sense to those with basic English comprehension skills.
        FFS Don't get him going again. Can't you see he's mad as a box of frogs?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

You are correct and Bean is incorrect. There is a good overview here for anyone with comprehension and reasoning skills, and an ability to read hard words without getting sad.

Conditional sentence - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Tories will get about 45% of the vote.

Corbyn will get brutalised.

SNP will get 50 MPs and talk tulip about mandates for the next 5 years.

Comment

You win the Internet today. Well done. I think you said a majority of 60, which is pretty close as well.

Comment

Oh, and the SNP will be throwing themselves at TV cameras for weeks shouting about mandates.

1.6 million voted for independence in 2014.

1.45 million voted SNP in 2015

1.25 million voted SNP yesterday and they were up against Swinson and Corbyn.

The SNP are going backwards and they know it. All their chat from now on is about keeping the supporters on side.

Comment

Did you use ML for that?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh, and the SNP will be throwing themselves at TV cameras for weeks shouting about mandates.

1.6 million voted for independence in 2014.

1.45 million voted SNP in 2015

0.977 million voted SNP in 2017.

1.25 million voted SNP yesterday and they were up against Swinson and Corbyn.

The SNP are going backwards [forwards] and they know it. All their chat from now on is about keeping the supporters on side.
                    The one you continually quote but fail to add this time for some unknown reason.

Comment

Originally posted by JozefBlofeld View Post
                      The one you continually quote but fail to add this time for some unknown reason.
                      Fake news!
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X