• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Election predictions

I've assumed there's no chance of TBP or LibDems winning the most seats.
    Tories win with overall majority
    30.00%
    Tories win the most seats but with no overall majority
    48.75%
    Labour win with overall majority
    3.75%
    Labour win the most seats but with no overall majority
    5.00%
    I couldn't give a flying AndyW
    12.50%
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    I've assumed there's no chance of TBP or LibDems winning the most seats.
    Where's the SNP? FFS, no wonder they feel so disenfranchised!

I think we should all adopt a Scot.

By adopt I mean keep 'em in the shed until you can think of a use for them.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

that's the problem: you can't think.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Where's the SNP? FFS, no wonder they feel so disenfranchised!

I think we should all adopt a Scot.

The Scot I've adopted is very useful, I'll have you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          You keep him in the shed?

Comment

My prediction of the most likely scneario - The Tories will get most seats, but no overall majority. They couldn't get it the last time, they have even less chance this time. What they gained in appeal with the leadership change from May to Johnson, they have lost with appalling treatment of the constitution and some of their longest standing MPs.

With their determination to deliver Brexit, they will get the majority of the Leave votes, TBP still have some chance of ruining their day in most hard line constituencies. They will also get some of the traditional Tory leave voters, that have "resigned with their faith" and just want it to be over.

Labour are going to be the big losers here, extremely weak and controversial leadership by Corbin. Mixed signals of Brexit direction with no clear direction on either Brexit or 2nd ref. Will basically only get the core voters on their side and maybe some tactical anti-Tory votes where Lib-Dem candidate is weak.

Lib-Dems will get the majority of the leave vote, but I highly doubt it will translate to many seats.

SNP will sweep all but the most staunch Labour voters in Scotland.

At the end of the day there is too much hanging on how much disturbance will the 100% pro-remain Lib-Dems and the 100% pro-leave TBP cause to Labour/Tory strongholds and swing seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Me
              Originally posted by You View Post
              that's the problem: you can't think.
              You so funny, you number 1 funny fcker!

One presumes that you carry the Scots Affliction?
              Last edited by Zigenare; 29 October 2019, 13:39.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                In which case, you can probably forget the comedy socks, and go straight to the alcohol option...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Hands up, who voted "Labour win with overall majority"? Whatever you're smoking, I'll have some of that.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

General elections won't resolve anything Brexit wise. The only thing that will give a definitive answer is a new referendum where whatever deal is on the table will run against remain.
                    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
                    X