• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1 day to go!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Labour + SNP + LibDem coalition = cancel Brexit.
    How would that serve the SNP with their desire to throw off the shackles of English oppression?
    Last edited by Zigenare; 31 October 2019, 15:08.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      "The Ides of March are come" (well October), and I was really hoping BoJo would pull a rabbit out of a hat at the last moment and veto the extension, as he would be perfectly entitled to under EU law whatever the Remainer quislings in Parliament have voted.

But the sad fact is he obviously doesn't care tuppence whether we leave (and if so how) or stay, only about Bojo and the Tory Party. All this "die in a ditch" talk was a load of bloviating bollox!

I think he is potty urging an election now, before the UK has left the EU, and he is making the same mistake as Teresa May in her election, by overestimating Tory support.

Any Brexiter voting Tory instead of the Brexit Party will be rewarding the Tories' abject failure yet again, and (if the Tories win) giving them carte blanche to kick the can down the road for God knows how many more years, which they will be more than happy to do!

Vote Brexit Party!
      Actually he can't vote on anything now A50 has been triggered. The UK lost all voting rights (except those in the EU Parliament, which are basically irrelevant anyway) on 30th March 2017.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        "The Ides of March are come" (well October), and I was really hoping BoJo would pull a rabbit ....
        It is worrying a charlatan like Bojo can pull the wool over so many of the population.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          How would that serve the SNP with their desire to throw off the shackles of English oppression?
          One step at a time comrade. Before striking the pawns must first be carefully positioned before any quitlings try to escape. First crush their spirt before the killer blow.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            It is worrying a charlatan like Bojo can pull the wool over so many of the population.
            OwlHoot voted leave. He thinks Farage is the great white hope. Says everything you need to know about OwlHoot
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Many people bought the same story spouted by the Bojo's, I understand that. However after so many failures, their bending off the truth, mud flinging at the opposition, the faithful continue to offer their everlasting loyalty. Almost as if a religion.

There seems no room for reason, only absolutes and support for those who can shout loudest.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Many people bought the same story spouted by the Bojo's, I understand that. However after so many failures, their bending off the truth, mud flinging at the opposition, the faithful continue to offer their everlasting loyalty. Almost as if a religion.

There seems no room for reason, only absolutes and support for those who can shout loudest.
                Chart or it's all bollocks.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                X