1 day to go! 1 day to go!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: 1 day to go!

  1. #1

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    22,150

    Default 1 day to go!

    Mr i'd rather be dead in a ditch has an appointment with history. What will the record show?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  2. #2

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Mr i'd rather be dead in a ditch has an appointment with history. What will the record show?
    Not long now, Tory landslide win, out of the EU good and proper early next year. The only thing dead in a ditch is the EU economy...

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    greenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    What will the record show?

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    b0redom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Will it show Bitcoin at $100k?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Uncle Albert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not long now, Tory landslide win, out of the EU good and proper early next year. The only thing dead in a ditch is the UK economy...
    Fixed your typo.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

  6. #6

    Better than AtW


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The only thing dead in a ditch is the EU economy...
    Indeed. The EU hasn't found the magic money tree that the UK now has.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not long now, Tory landslide win, out of the EU good and proper early next year. The only thing dead in a ditch is the EU economy...
    "The Ides of March are come" (well October), and I was really hoping BoJo would pull a rabbit out of a hat at the last moment and veto the extension, as he would be perfectly entitled to under EU law whatever the Remainer quislings in Parliament have voted.

    But the sad fact is he obviously doesn't care tuppence whether we leave (and if so how) or stay, only about Bojo and the Tory Party. All this "die in a ditch" talk was a load of bloviating bollox!

    I think he is potty urging an election now, before the UK has left the EU, and he is making the same mistake as Teresa May in her election, by overestimating Tory support.

    Any Brexiter voting Tory instead of the Brexit Party will be rewarding the Tories' abject failure yet again, and (if the Tories win) giving them carte blanche to kick the can down the road for God knows how many more years, which they will be more than happy to do!

    Vote Brexit Party!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  8. #8

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,777

    Default

    Mind you, on the positive side, I've always maintained this whole Brexit saga so far has been quite like a secular rerun of the Reformation - When the Act of Supremacy, and similar laws, were first passed in the 1530s, there was widespread dismay and many protests and marches, such as the Pilgrimage of Grace, by die-hard catholics ("Remainers").

    But over the next few years support for catholicism declined markedly and steadily, and apart from a hiccup, when Catholic "Bloody Mary" reigned for a few years, protestantism became so entrenched that restoring catholicism officially in the UK was unthinkable (although catholics were tolerated up to a point).
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Mind you, on the positive side, I've always maintained this whole Brexit saga so far has been quite like a secular rerun of the Reformation - When the Act of Supremacy, and similar laws, were first passed in the 1530s, there was widespread dismay and many protests and marches, such as the Pilgrimage of Grace, by die-hard catholics ("Remainers").

    But over the next few years support for catholicism declined markedly and steadily, and apart from a hiccup, when Catholic "Bloody Mary" reigned for a few years, protestantism became so entrenched that restoring catholicism officially in the UK was unthinkable (although catholics were tolerated up to a point).
    And that is why we're in the mess we're in now!

    Mason Boyne for PM!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  10. #10

    Super poster

    Unix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Labour + SNP + LibDem coalition = cancel Brexit.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •