• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farage calls for Alliance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Probably not the case.
    Analysis here (from Graun).

Rob Ford, the politics professor and co-author of a seminal book on the Ukip vote, thinks that if the Brexit party does stand candidates all over Britain, the Conservatives will lose out more than Labour.

Rob Ford
    @robfordmancs
    People seem to be forgetting there are a lot less Labour Leave votes in Labour Leave seats now than in 2016 because a lot of them switched to Cons in 2017. So BXP candidates in Lab Leave seats will usually take more votes from Cons (mostly Leave) than Lab (mostly Remain)

12:14 PM - Nov 1, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    204 people are talking about this

Rob Ford
    @robfordmancs
    Replying to @robfordmancs
    Farage, in short, is making the John Mann error of thinking most Lab votes in Lab Leave seats are Leave voters. They aren’t. By encouraging voters who went from ukip to Con in 2017 to switch back to Bxp in 2019 he’s helping Lab MPs defend such seats

12:14 PM - Nov 1, 2019
    85 people are talking about this

Rob Ford
    @robfordmancs
    Once again the date of Brexit May hinge on politicians’ inability to understand the ecological fallacy

12:16 PM - Nov 1, 2019
    See Rob Ford's other Tweets
    If you want to know more about the “ecological fallacy”, there is an explanation here.

Rob Ford
    @robfordmancs
    Appreciate this May be hard to follow so will break it down:
    1. Most Lab votes in Leave seats Farage is targeting voted Remain in 2016
    2.The voters who will find BXP most attractive in such seats likely to be those who voted UKIP in 2015
    3. Most of those voters backed Con in 2017

12:21 PM - Nov 1, 2019
    20 people are talking about this

Rob Ford
    @robfordmancs
    4. Therefore, BXP will typically (tho not always) hurt Con more than Lab in such seats. Just as (and indeed because) UKIP’s collapse in 2017 benefitted Con more than Lab in such sets

12:21 PM - Nov 1, 2019
    See Rob Ford's other Tweets

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Farage wants one thing ... to be an MP and get on the Westminster gravy train. He doesn't care about his party, he just wants access to our money.
      I'm watching a documentary at the moment called "People of Earth". Do you think that Farage is one of the reptilians?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        He's not. The 10% that will vote for Farage will harm Corbyn more that Boris.

This election will be won with the centre. Corbyn is going off piste with the illuminati crap. Farage will pick up zoomers. Swinson has a personality like a stalker. Boris will clean up.
        I'm sure you're right. Why not organise a party to celebrate Boris's guaranteed victory
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I'm watching a documentary at the moment called "People of Earth". Do you think that Farage is one of the reptilians?
          You tell me; you're the one watching the show, not me
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Analysis here (from Graun).
            "By encouraging voters who went from ukip to Con in 2017 to switch back to Bxp in 2019 he’s helping Lab MPs defend such seats"

I don't see this. UKIP got 3,881,099 in 2015. then in 2017 they got 600k

So that is 3.2 million voters kind of somewhere else in 2017.

Conservatives increased the vote by 2.1 million, labour by 3.5 million

Comment

"By encouraging voters who went from ukip to Con in 2017 to switch back to Bxp in 2019 he’s helping Lab MPs defend such seats"

I don't see this. UKIP got 3,881,099 in 2015. then in 2017 they got 600k

So that is 3.2 million voters kind of somewhere else in 2017.

Conservatives increased the vote by 2.1 million, labour by 3.5 million
              You don't see that insulin is a drug, even though it's listed as such in the BNF, so we can safely ignore your opinion.

Comment

You don't see that insulin is a drug, even though it's listed as such in the BNF, so we can safely ignore your opinion.

Blinding.

Comment

Who is this Rob Ford roaster?

Comment

People seem to be forgetting there are a lot less Labour Leave votes in Labour Leave seats now than in 2016 because a lot of them switched to Cons in 2017. So BXP candidates in Lab Leave seats will usually take more votes from Cons (mostly Leave) than Lab (mostly Remain)
                    "So BXP candidates in Lab Leave seats will usually take"

Usually.

a party that is like 3 months old will "usually" take seats.

Comment

"So BXP candidates in Lab Leave seats will usually take"

Usually.

a party that is like 3 months old will "usually" take seats.
                      Do you understand how.the future tense works?

Comment

Working...
                      X