Shall I... Shall I... - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 81

Thread: Shall I...

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Remind me how he got on the other 7 times he stood.

It's a bit like remembering Henry VII's wives - Divorced, beheaded, died. Divorced, beheaded, survived.

But for Farage it's: Failed, failed, failed. Failed, failed, failed, failed.

It's the will of the people. In his 7 attempts, he's totalled 36,620 votes.

You'd think that after the first time when he didn't win, he'd know not to stand again and that his views should be ignored - after all, that's the opinion he supports since after the referendum, but no he kept on trying, kept on getting publicity and preventing healthy political debate by making it all about him and the one thing that he stands for - himself.
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Vote Brexit and get Corbyn. That would make IR535 look like a total triviality. All those rich people he's talking about soaking to pay for his Marxist dreams are not Branson and the like, but those with a gross inomce over £50k. Like thee and me...

You have several choices - an unpopular party with a plan for the future, a 70s throwback party with a 70s plan to ruin the country or a joke party with a non-liberal, non-democratic plan to ignore the electorate. Plus a load of no-hopers.

It's a no-brainer. Sadly there's a lot of voters without a brain out there.
    Blog? What blog...?

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    You have several choices - an unpopular party with a plan for the future
    What's this party and what's their plan?

I live on CUK

Vote Brexit and get Corbyn. That would make IR535 look like a total triviality. All those rich people he's talking about soaking to pay for his Marxist dreams are not Branson and the like, but those with a gross inomce over £50k. Like thee and me...
    Do you have evidence for this, or is it just more Project Fear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Contractor Among Contractors

You have several choices - an unpopular party with a plan for the future, a 70s throwback party with a 70s plan to ruin the country or a joke party with a non-liberal, non-democratic plan to ignore the electorate. Plus a load of no-hopers.

It's a no-brainer. Sadly there's a lot of voters without a brain out there.
    All of these can be used to describe the Tories, although I suspect in your mind they fit in the first category.

Their plan for the future seems to revolve around doing whatever the hell they want. Including unlawful prorogation of Parliament and petty childish stunts like not signing official letters, ignoring what Parliament has instructed them. If it's a good idea to hand this lot the unchecked power of both Parliamentary majority and government under the current leadership (and puppeteership) you are indeed a no-brainer.

If you want to respect the result of the referendum have a 2nd one with several leave options (no remain option):

- No-deal
    - Boris Deal
    - Norway type of CU+SM membership etc.

That will stop them trumpeting that the people have voted for no-deal Brexit.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    It's a bit like remembering Henry VII's wives - Divorced, beheaded, died. Divorced, beheaded, survived.

But for Farage it's: Failed, failed, failed. Failed, failed, failed, failed.

It's the will of the people. In his 7 attempts, he's totalled 36,620 votes.

You'd think that after the first time when he didn't win, he'd know not to stand again and that his views should be ignored - after all, that's the opinion he supports since after the referendum, but no he kept on trying, kept on getting publicity and preventing healthy political debate by making it all about him and the one thing that he stands for - himself.
    And as dire as Farage is, he's still managed to hitch up to the EU gravy train as a European Member of Parliament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    All of these can be used to describe the Tories, although I suspect in your mind they fit in the first category.

Their plan for the future seems to revolve around doing whatever the hell they want. Including unlawful prorogation of Parliament and petty childish stunts like not signing official letters, ignoring what Parliament has instructed them. If it's a good idea to hand this lot the unchecked power of both Parliamentary majority and government under the current leadership (and puppeteership) you are indeed a no-brainer.

If you want to respect the result of the referendum have a 2nd one with several leave options (no remain option):

- No-deal
    - Boris Deal
    - Norway type of CU+SM membership etc.

That will stop them trumpeting that the people have voted for no-deal Brexit.
    Hopeless, isn't it. Not worth arguing.

Just one small point - Parliament is not there to instruct Government, despite Bercow's machinations. They are there to scrutinise and suggest changes to Government proposals and approve the final version for release into law. Like, for example, approving Article 50 by a huge majority, namely 384 votes.
    Blog? What blog...?

Godlike

i no longer give a flying feck.

i've survived thus far.
    this shall continue to be the case, whatever.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Super poster

Hopeless, isn't it. Not worth arguing.

Just one small point - Parliament is not there to instruct Government, despite Bercow's machinations. They are there to scrutinise and suggest changes to Government proposals and approve the final version for release into law. Like, for example, approving Article 50 by a huge majority, namely 384 votes.
    You have a very limited view of Parliament’s role.

Parliament is, or course, sovereign, despite what the Tories want to think.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    You have a very limited view of Parliament’s role.

Parliament is, or course, sovereign, despite what the Tories want to think.
    No, I have a very clear view of Parliament's role thanks, and that of the government within it. And I don't confuse party politics to gain an advantage with constitutional law.

Nor, come to that, do I think this version of the Tories is worthy of government. Its just that the current alternatives are infinitely worse.
    Blog? What blog...?