• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Civil Rebellion - Where are you, Doncaster?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civil Rebellion - Where are you, Doncaster?

Confusion as NO ONE turns up for 'huge' pro Brexit demo in Doncaster | The Star

A ‘huge’ pro-Brexit demonstration planned for Doncaster this morning has caused confusion after no-one turned up.

Too cold and wet. That's why an election in December is a good idea.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

10 o'clock? Do the organisers not realise Saturday morning is breakfast special day down the local 'spoonies?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        10 o'clock? Do the organisers not realise Saturday morning is breakfast special day down the local 'spoonies?
        We bow to your expertise on such matters, but if they were all in the pub it was probably to watch the Rugby WCF.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          We bow to your expertise on such matters, but if they were all in the pub it was probably to watch the Rugby WCF.
          Do 'spoonies have tv screens?

Comment

Do 'spoonies have tv screens?
            You were obviously paying too much attention to the breakfast special menu to notice. It's been a long time since I was in one (it was near a station and the trains were fooked), but they did have Sky News on. You can add that to your vast array of knowledge of the aforementioned pub chain. You'll be able to write the definitive guide soon.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You were obviously paying too much attention to the breakfast special menu to notice. It's been a long time since I was in one (it was near a station and the trains were fooked), but they did have Sky News on. You can add that to your vast array of knowledge of the aforementioned pub chain. You'll be able to write the definitive guide soon.
              Used to drink in a couple every now and then when we lived in London (The Knights Templar down Chancery Lane, and the Crosse Keys opposite Leadenhall market) but I don't recall either having screens. I don't think these are your typical 'spoonies though.

We don't have a 'spoonies in our village

Comment

Used to drink in a couple every now and then when we lived in London (The Knights Templar down Chancery Lane, and the Crosse Keys opposite Leadenhall market) but I don't recall either having screens. I don't think these are your typical 'spoonies though.

We don't have a 'spoonies in our village
                Is that the big pub with the round bar in the middle, and marble everywhere? Went to someone's leaving do there, it's not really a 'telly' sort of place. If there's any sport worth watching I'd head to the Pavilion End, round the back of St Pauls. It's a Fullers, so the beer is drinkable, if you're into the warm stuff...

Comment

Is that the big pub with the round bar in the middle, and marble everywhere? Went to someone's leaving do there, it's not really a 'telly' sort of place. If there's any sport worth watching I'd head to the Pavilion End, round the back of St Pauls. It's a Fullers, so the beer is drinkable, if you're into the warm stuff...
                  Yes, that's the one. Toilets down in the basement. We'd watch the footie over the road in the New Moon. When City pubs used to close by 9 in the week the Cross Keys was one of the few pubs that would still be open.

I do enjoy the warm stuff, so a Fullers or Youngs pub would be on my radar - the Counting House, on Cornhill is a particularly spectacular Fullers pub that's worth a visit if you're in the area. Beautiful building with good beer.

Comment

the Counting House, on Cornhill is a particularly spectacular Fullers pub that's worth a visit if you're in the area. Beautiful building with warm flat beer, just like yer pukka mockneys prefer.
                    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X