• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Party Candidates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The only certain thing about the UK is its continued accelerated decline.
    Simply put, as this thread and others show, there are too many cretins in the country.
    That's a direct result of emigration.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      That's a direct result of emigration.

We can't blame even the stupid Swiss citizens trying to escape you
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        No great surprise there.
        Nope, I wasn't planning to surprise anyone. As I've said umpteen times ... I've never voted Labour, up to 2010 had always voted Tory, but will never do so again.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          According to the unanimous judgment of the Supreme Court. Sorry that you hate parliamentary democracy and the rule of law, but that's how it is.
          A very neat twisting of my words, hats off to you for that. My comment was to the effect that how could someone predict that the Supreme Court would invoke a 400 year old ruling to declare a 21st century action illegal (an action which has occurred many times since the 17th century, mostly without question in the courts). If anything, it proves the need for a for a fully written constitution, and not one where judges can trawl through centuries of mostly irrelevant 'precedents' to find something that eventually suits.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            If anything, it proves the need for a for a fully written constitution, and not one where judges can trawl through centuries of mostly irrelevant 'precedents' to find something that eventually suits.
            Next you’ll be arguing that parliament can’t overrule laws to suit political end and that the Fixed Term Parliament Act should be observed.
            Or that non-political referendums should be negotiated cross-party, not just by one party.

Or does that not suit you?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Next you’ll be arguing that parliament can’t overrule laws to suit political end and that the Fixed Term Parliament Act should be observed.
              Or that non-political referendums should be negotiated cross-party, not just by one party.

Or does that not suit you?
              The FTPA is not fit for purpose, and I await with keen disinterest your argument as to how and why it works so brilliantly.
              There's no such thing as a non-political referendum, and if you haven't realised that by now there's no hope for an intelligent contribution from you.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

... not one where judges can trawl through centuries of mostly irrelevant 'precedents' to find something that eventually suits...
                Why do you think they're irrelevant? What's your basis for thinking that? Is it just that they don't suit your wishes?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A very neat twisting of my words, hats off to you for that.
                  Thank you very much.

Comment

The FTPA is not fit for purpose, and I await with keen disinterest your argument as to how and why it works so brilliantly.
                    You say it's not fit for purpose, but that's only because it has been bypassed twice in the last 3 years, and never actually used.

There's no such thing as a non-political referendum, and if you haven't realised that by now there's no hope for an intelligent contribution from you.
                    You're incorrect in so many ways, the referendum to leave the EU did not have options to vote for different parties. It was a binary question. A person could be a voter for Tory, Labour, LibDem, DUP, SNP, PC, SF, or whoever. Their vote was whether they wanted to leave the EU.
                    Intelligent Leavers get this. They accept that it should have been a cross-party negotiation team.
                    Why don't you get it?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      You say it's not fit for purpose, but that's only because it has been bypassed twice in the last 3 years, and never actually used.

You're incorrect in so many ways, the referendum to leave the EU did not have options to vote for different parties. It was a binary question. A person could be a voter for Tory, Labour, LibDem, DUP, SNP, PC, SF, or whoever. Their vote was whether they wanted to leave the EU.
                      Intelligent Leavers get this. They accept that it should have been a cross-party negotiation team.
                      Why don't you get it?
                      That's a concept that some of your remoaner mates are struggling with.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X