• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Party Candidates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You say it's not fit for purpose, but that's only because it has been bypassed twice in the last 3 years, and never actually used.

You're incorrect in so many ways, the referendum to leave the EU did not have options to vote for different parties. It was a binary question. A person could be a voter for Tory, Labour, LibDem, DUP, SNP, PC, SF, or whoever. Their vote was whether they wanted to leave the EU.
    Intelligent Leavers get this. They accept that it should have been a cross-party negotiation team.
    Why don't you get it?
    If the Tories lose the election or there's a hung parliament watch for the cries of democratic elections not being fit for pupose.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

A person could be a voter for Tory, Labour, LibDem, DUP, SNP, PC, SF, or whoever. Their vote was whether they wanted to leave the EU.
      Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      That's a concept that some of your remoaner mates are struggling with.
      He said "could" not "did". We all know a supporter of any party "could" vote to leave, but a certain demographic who support the more extreme segments of parties did vote to leave.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        He said "could" not "did". We all know a supporter of any party "could" vote to leave, but a certain demographic who support the more extreme segments of parties did vote to leave.

Of course, he was more interested in twisting away from the simple point that it was cross party, and so the negotiations should have been cross party.
        Instead, he'd prefer to stick to his usual response of avoid the question, change the subject and accuse others of being the problem.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          You say it's not fit for purpose, but that's only because it has been bypassed twice in the last 3 years, and never actually used.

You're incorrect in so many ways, the referendum to leave the EU did not have options to vote for different parties. It was a binary question. A person could be a voter for Tory, Labour, LibDem, DUP, SNP, PC, SF, or whoever. Their vote was whether they wanted to leave the EU.
          Intelligent Leavers get this. They accept that it should have been a cross-party negotiation team.
          Why don't you get it?
          Do you mean a cross-party of parties who would die in a ditch before endorsing any sort of Brexit?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Do you mean a cross-party of parties who would die in a ditch before endorsing any sort of Brexit?
            You mean like Boris did before he became PM?

No. I mean across all parties with elected MPs in the House of Commons, the idea being to come up with the best solution that satisfies the brevity of the wording of the referendum with the reality of the task.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
            X