• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why, Why, Why?!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    It is indeed, even in the BMI calculator for tall people and 1.90 is not really tall. I'm 1.98
    Better BMI For Tall People and Short People - Tall.Life
    Shortarse
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Oh, and without fail, the ex soldiers on here all have a victim mentality and an inferiority complex.
      Only complete morons make sweeping generalisations.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
        It is indeed, even in the BMI calculator for tall people and 1.90 is not really tall. I'm 1.98
        Better BMI For Tall People and Short People - Tall.Life
        I'm 1.98 yards tall as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Still, it's fun to laugh at, so mustn't grumble.
          Well only if you have the sort of prosaic no-frills sense of humour that you seem to be able to get through life with.

Those of us with intellects more complex than a cheese sandwich need concepts a deal more subtle.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Only complete morons make sweeping generalisations.

HTH

How is that a sweeping generalisation? If I didn't have experience of ex-soldiers on here, or had I said ALL ex-soldiers, then yes, it would be generalising. But I'm specifically referring to you fellas who post on here daily, and with each post show your victim mentality.

Why not try to see life a bit more positively, instead of continuing to listen to your superiors? You're so conditioned to follow, you can't see it happening. It's a little sad.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I'm 1.98 yards tall as well!
              A giant prawn Run for your lives .... where's Godzilla when you need him

Comment

How is that a sweeping generalisation?
                Oh, and without fail, the ex soldiers on here all have a victim mentality and an inferiority complex.

Still, on the plus side, you didn't dispute the "moron" labelling, so if nothing else that has to be seen as progress.....

Why not try to see life a bit more positively, instead of continuing to listen to your superiors? You're so conditioned to follow, you can't see it happening. It's a little sad.
                The British Army are not "conditioned to follow" and haven't been for over a century. You'd know that if you had ever been anywhere near the British Armed Forces, but as the nearest you ever got to "armed service" was firing tranquilisers into gazelle's buttocks, it's hardly any surprise that you come off as pig-ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Still, on the plus side, you didn't dispute the "moron" labelling, so if nothing else that has to be seen as progress.....

The British Army are not "conditioned to follow" and haven't been for over a century. You'd know that if you had ever been anywhere near the British Armed Forces, but as the nearest you ever got to "armed service" was firing tranquilisers into gazelle's buttocks, it's hardly any surprise that you come off as pig-ignorant.

If you think I'm a moron that's your choice.

You say the army is not conditioned to follow and yet you and the other ex soldiers on here show the same traits of being sheeple, believing everything your overlords feed you. Could be that you're the exception and most other soldiers are more free thinking, but somehow I doubt it. Armies rely on their fodder taking orders without question; not just the british army but all armies. But hey, what do I know, I only shot tranqs into gazelle (truth is, only the vets were allowed to tranq the animals but we did get to work with them when they tranq'ed lion, cheetah and zebra. Our riffles were .475 only. )

Comment

blah bla blah)
                    cool story, but you'd sh1t yourself if a penny banger went off.
                    great fantasy though, maybe you should write children's stories or some such.

Comment

Indeed, but I try not to fly in the face of public opinion.

Armies rely on their fodder taking orders without question; not just the british army but all armies.
                      Oh dear......no do....please carry on digging!

But hey, what do I know
                      Enough to fully explain it on the back of a stamp with lipstick on the evidence of your posts on here.

Comment

Working...
                      X