Why, Why, Why?!? Why, Why, Why?!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 143

More fingers than teeth

Well (nearly) all the ex-Forces that are in Germany are all remainers and listening to BFBS today, seems like a lot of the current lot are also remainers
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Serious question (I know, I'm asking for trouble on this subforum trying to ask a serious question!) but why does it seem that ex-service personnel in the majority support Brexit?

I live in a village where service personnel come to die (sorry, retire) and without fail, every one I have spoken to supports Brexit with some 'passion'. On here those who have a military background are strong Brexit supporters. You often see the same interviewed on the news.

But why is this? What has caused the correlation between ex-service personnel and Brexit? Is it lack of formal, free thinking education? Is it living abroad, but in the cocoon of a military camp? Is it military training, where service persons are trained to dehumanise the 'enemy'?

Clearly my possible causes are coloured by my own biased views, so what are the real reasons? Why the correlation?
    You do dream up some tulipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    You do dream up some tulipe.
    Really? 100% of ex-military on here are leavers unless there is someone I'm missing. In the village I live, all the ex-service people I know and have spoken to show a clear leave view. I'm either really unlucky who I speak to, or there is a correlation.

I wasn't aiming to pass judgement, I was just wondering why the correlation. What has turned those who served into haters of the EU?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Really? 100% of ex-military on here are leavers unless there is someone I'm missing. In the village I live, all the ex-service people I know and have spoken to show a clear leave view. I'm either really unlucky who I speak to, or there is a correlation.
    The correlation comes about because most service people are not scared of change, quite prepared to embrace new directions, less likely to be affected by the nonsense that abounded during Project Fear, and less inclined to believe the bulltulip that the Remain camp consistently come out with.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Super poster

Lower military are in general simpletons, look at Shaun the potato peeler, there is your abswer

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    there is your abswer
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Better than AtW

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Lower military are in general simpletons, look at Shaun the potato peeler, there is your abswer
    Oh come now, he did single-handedly install the mobile network in India

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Godlike

I wasn't aiming to pass judgement, I was just wondering why the correlation. What has turned those who served into haters of the EU?
    hello

yes you were, it's what you do, despite having no entitlement to do so.

hth
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    hello

yes you were, it's what you do, despite having no entitlement to do so.

hth
    I'm as entitled as anyone to pass whatever judgement I so choose. Others can take note, ignore or get triggered by what I say as they so choose.

In this instance though I was genuinely not trying to pass judgement. I really am trying to understand what happened, or didn't, to those who served that they have this dislike of the EU.

I'll pass judgement on you though fella ... you're a prime prick. There you go .... deal with that as you so choose
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Godlike

I'm as entitled as anyone to pass whatever judgement I so choose. Others can take note, ignore or get triggered by what I say as they so choose.

In this instance though I was genuinely not trying to pass judgement. I really am trying to understand what happened, or didn't, to those who served that they have this dislike of the EU.

I'll pass judgement in you though fella ... you're a prime prick. There you go .... deal with that as you so choose
    the EGO HAS Landed

pillock.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................