• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why, Why, Why?!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Failures do so hate smugness.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      I voted remain, but now accept and support leave.
      I voted remain, and I've always accepted that the majority of voters voted leave. But I haven't accepted that leaving is better than remaining (because it isn't), nor that it is undemocratic to work towards not leaving (because it isn't).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I voted remain, and I've always accepted that the majority of voters voted leave. But I haven't accepted that leaving is better than remaining (because it isn't), nor that it is undemocratic to work towards not leaving (because it isn't).
        How do you know?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          How do you know?
          Because, unlike the likes of you, he can read more than the Express of Daily wail, understand facts and isn't as thick as mince.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            That's your choice.

My choice is to think you're easily led by the Tory's Project fear and lies. That, and you're living up to your online name
            Hardly the former, but with the latter you show some kindness and obviously given all the classical links in my posts you are surely intellectual enough to know who my namesake is referring to:

[ Gibbon] had genius in large measure, as well as untiring industry and accuracy in consulting his sources. Though he was unsympathetic to Christianity, his sense of fairness and probity made him respectful of honest opinion and true devotion, even among those with whom he disagreed. These qualities, expressed with his command of historical perspective and his incomparable literary style, justify a modern historian’s dictum that “whatever else is read Gibbon must be read too,”

Edward Gibbon - The Decline and Fall | Britannica.com

BTW thanks for the applause
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              How do you know?
              Let me clarify. By "because it isn't", I mean "because in my considered opinion, it isn't, and nothing in the past three years has done anything to dissuade me". Just as most people do when they make definite statements on potentialities.

I'm deeply sorry that you were triggered.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                But I haven't accepted that leaving is better than remaining (because it isn't), nor that it is undemocratic to work towards not leaving (because it isn't).
                I agree with the first clause, but have to differ with the second.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Hardly the former, but with the latter you show some kindness and obviously given all the classical links in my posts you are surely intellectual enough to know who my namesake is referring to:
                  ... and you must be intellectual to know I was referring to this

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    ... and you must be intellectual to know I was referring to this

Really, you shouldn't post selfies on here!

Comment

Really, you shouldn't post selfies on here!
                      It captures my best side

Comment

Working...
                      X