• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why, Why, Why?!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    I agree with the first clause, but have to differ with the second.
    Each to their own.

Btw, I much enjoyed reading "The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire", which I wouldn't have approached without your postings (I wanted to know why you were wrong!). So, thanks. There's a lot of argument among historians concerning the validity of his conclusions - which also make fascinating reading.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      How do you know?
      Because he's not a complete cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Because, unlike the likes of you, he can read more than the Express of Daily wail, understand facts and isn't as thick as mince.
        Factually how does he know?

I'll give you a clue, he doesn't, because we haven't left and he can't compare.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Factually how does he know?

I'll give you a clue, he doesn't, because we haven't left and he can't compare.
          Something doesn't need to happen, to know that if it did happen it would be bad. Driving 70 mph in a car towards a brick wall ... you don't need to hit the wall to know it won't end well. Jumping out of a plane at 30,000 ft with no parachute ... again, you don't have to do this to know it won't end well.

You seem to lack the imagination to visualise what the future could look like, under various circumstances, unless you actually see it. Imagination, my friend, is what sets us apart from animals - they also lack this and cannot visualise the future either.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Because he's not a complete cretin.
            Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Something doesn't need to happen, to know that if it did happen it would be bad. Driving 70 mph in a car towards a brick wall ... you don't need to hit the wall to know it won't end well. Jumping out of a plane at 30,000 ft with no parachute ... again, you don't have to do this to know it won't end well.

You seem to lack the imagination to visualise what the future could look like, under various circumstances, unless you actually see it. Imagination, my friend, is what sets us apart from animals - they also lack this and cannot visualise the future either.
            I am sick to death of so called "experts" saying that if something happens then a certain outcome is certain.

Economics is as much about art or religion as it is about science.

Look at Mervyn King about Thatcher economics.

I hate Nigel Farage. But at least he says the UK might not be better off economically after Brexit. He says he has no idea what will happen.

Well he sdaid that once. He might have changed his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I am sick to death of so called "experts" saying that if something happens then a certain outcome is certain.

Economics is as much about art or religion as it is about science.

Look at Mervyn King about Thatcher economics.

I hate Nigel Farage. But at least he says the UK might not be better off economically after Brexit. He says he has no idea what will happen.

Well he sdaid that once. He might have changed his mind.
              Just because Farage says something, doesn't mean it's what he thinks. He could be one of the clever Brexiteers, who know full well that the UK as a while will be worse off.

Comment

Just because Farage says something, doesn't mean it's what he thinks. He could be one of the clever Brexiteers, who know full well that the UK as a while will be worse off.
                I agree one can never tell what Farage thinks. As for clever, I think he knows how to appeal to the plebs. Like Hitler did.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I agree one can never tell what Farage thinks. As for clever, I think he knows how to appeal to the plebs. Like Hitler did.

Though so do Jezzy & Bozzo.

Amazing all these keyboard warriors are happy to insult our servicemen's intelligence on remembrance day maybe they finally found their balls and didn't jerk off for once. tulipheads.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Though so do Jezzy & Bozzo.

Amazing all these keyboard warriors are happy to insult our servicemen's intelligence on remembrance day maybe they finally found their balls and didn't jerk off for once. tulipheads.
                    They might at least have provided a trigger warning for the Outrage Militia.

Comment

They might at least have provided a trigger warning for the Outrage Militia.
                      ah no shame no surprise.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X