Brexit Party won't stand in Tory seats - Farage Brexit Party won't stand in Tory seats - Farage - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 63
  1. #11

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Broadly speaking, Labour voters in leave voting Labour constuencies tend to be pro Remain. And in the 2017 GE, the UKIP vote in these constituencies tended to collapse into Tory votes, so these.are the votes, in general, that BP is likely to gain.
    If labour voters were as pro remain as you say then labour constituencies would not be voting to leave.


    Brexit party will hover up old trade union types that would never vote conservative.

  2. #12

    Ducklike

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    8,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    This could really influence the result. Maybe LibDems will not stand in all seats where Labour won last time if Labour support a second referendum?
    Indeed, this is already happening.
    Lib Dems stand down in Bristol West as part of national 'Unite to Remain' electoral pact - Bristol Live

    Lib Dems reveal they will not contest Exeter at general election in attempt to help Remain-supporting candidate win - Devon Live

  3. #13

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,508

    Default

    The Labour seats could be interesting, especially the marginals. People who would normally vote Labour and who would never contemplate voting Tory but who are pro-Brexit now have a party to go to. That could actually work in the Tories' favour.
    Blog? What blog...?

  4. #14

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    The Labour seats could be interesting, especially the marginals. People who would normally vote Labour and who would never contemplate voting Tory but who are pro-Brexit now have a party to go to. That could actually work in the Tories' favour.
    That's exactly it.

    Places like Sunderland who voted leave by 62% and who vote 55% labour.

    Brexit party will take shed loads of votes from labour in places like that and the tories will probably hold onto what they got in 2017. Must be 50-100 seats like that over the north.

  5. #15

    Godlike

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The Brexit Party are Tories, it's just like Tesco changing their value brand to a different name.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  6. #16

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    The Brexit Party are Tories, it's just like Tesco changing their value brand to a different name.
    Not really.

    The Tory party support Brexit because that is what the populace democratically voted to do and thus it is part of their manifesto.

    The Brexit Party has Brexit as a the main part of it's manifesto - can I would imagine there is very little else in their manifesto as I would imagine no one in the Brexit party thinks for 1 minute that they are going to get a majority - at best they could form an alliance with the Tory's.

    They would probably form an alliance with labour if they got the majority but only if there were guarantees on Brexit.

  7. #17

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    Places like Sunderland who voted leave by 62% and who vote 55% labour.

    Brexit party will take shed loads of votes from labour in places like that and the tories will probably hold onto what they got in 2017. Must be 50-100 seats like that over the north.
    +1

    Yep, this boosts the chances of a Tory overall majority.

    I'm not in favour of Brexit but, if we are going to leave, I'd prefer an orderly(ish) deal like BoJo's to "no deal".

    I don't relish the prospect of another Tory Government either, especially led by the undeserving BoJo, but hopefully there is a silver lining in that it will mean the end of Corbyn, McDonnell et al.

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,099

    Default

    This makes no difference to the result, as a YouGov pollster pointed out, Brexit party support is in the wrong consituencies. In the last election UKIP polled less than 2%.

    All it has done is to shoot no deal Brexit down in flames as the BP have lost all credibility and vassalage is now a near certainty if Boris wins.

    I'm alright Jack

  9. #19

    Ducklike

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    8,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    This makes no difference to the result, as a YouGov pollster pointed out, Brexit party support is in the wrong consituencies. In the last election UKIP polled less than 2%.

    All it has done is to shoot no deal Brexit down in flames as the BP have lost all credibility and vassalage is now a near certainty if Boris wins.

    The difference it makes is not splitting the vote in constituencies where the Tories need every last vote to win. Although that's probably all of them these days

  10. #20

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    Love it, this bloke was a BP candidate until dictator Farage said no: Wayne BayIey on Twitter: "**** your election strategy and **** Boris.

    #BrexitParty… "
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •