• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Party won't stand in Tory seats - Farage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    If labour voters were as pro remain as you say then labour constituencies would not be voting to leave.
    It could happen.

70% vote labour, 30% other.
    If 60% of labour voters voted remain, and all the others voted leave, that'd give 42% remain, 58% leave. A majority of labour voted remain, but the constituency as a whole voted leave.

Whether it happened in this way in any constituency is an exercise left to the reader.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      It could happen.

If 60% of labour voters voted remain, and all the others voted leave, that'd give 42% remain, 58% leave. A majority of labour voted remain, but the constituency as a whole voted leave.

Whether it happened in this way in any constituency is an exercise left to the reader.
      Simple maths, and yet many fail to understand how Labour voters in the majority voted Remain, and yet Labour areas voted Leave.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Simple maths, and yet many fail to understand how Labour voters in the majority voted Remain, and yet Labour areas voted Leave.
        The turnout for the referendum far exceeded that for General Elections, which may explain why so many areas which "ought to have voted remain", didn't.
        They key to TBP winning some of those Labour constituencies seems to be getting the "referendum-only" voters out again. If they can't be bothered, Labour won't take much of a hit. If they can be bothered, it should make election night interesting.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          It could happen.

Broadly this. Except rarely does a seat return a 70% vote for Labour, so it becomes even easier to achieve the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            The turnout for the referendum far exceeded that for General Elections, which may explain why so many areas which "ought to have voted remain", didn't.
            They key to TBP winning some of those Labour constituencies seems to be getting the "referendum-only" voters out again. If they can't be bothered, Labour won't take much of a hit. If they can be bothered, it should make election night interesting.
            Also, as stated on here before, some voters will vote for a brick if it's wearing the correct coloured rosette. A GE is so different to the 2016 ref, hence why May didn't get what she wanted in 2017.

We can all speculate as much as we like, and one of us may get lucky and get it right, but in truth we're all just guessing as the public can't be trusted to act with logic

Keeps us debating though for at least 5 more weeks

Comment

Keeps us debating though for at least 5 more weeks
              Well anything that stops you from mass-debating has to be lauded.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

There’s nothing to see here, all normal....

General election: Nigel Farage admits he was offered a peerage 48 hours before Brexit U-turn - Mirror Online

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Maybe he'll offer him the EU commissioner's job:

Brexit: Boris Johnson finally folds and agrees to appoint EU commissioner - Mirror Online

BTW, that's another back flip from Johnson...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Well anything that stops you from mass-debating has to be lauded.

That is actually quite witty for you. Have on of these

Comment

That is actually quite witty for you. Have on of these
                      Spuddy is CUK's premier cretin (which is meant in a good way).

Comment

Working...
                      X