• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Margaret Thatcher predicts the mess of the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    The poor bastards haven't got a pot to piss in yet they struggle to get to the UK rather than stay in the tulip hole that is the rest of Europe.
    We should send the fookers to Swindon and then offer them a free ticket back to Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      We should send the fookers to Swindon and then offer them a free ticket back to Germany.
      "Cruel and unusual punishment" springs to mind with that suggestion.

If they can be properly vetted and they're willing to work and contribute to the economy then let 'em stay - in Liverpool or Wales or Scotland...
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Most of them are, you clueless fuqwit.

Strange that they'd rather come to Britain than seek sanctuary in mainland Europe, isn't it? The poor bastards haven't got a pot to piss in yet they struggle to get to the UK rather than stay in the tulip hole that is the rest of Europe.
        I'm the clueless fuqwit!?

That's not exactly it as 3/4 of them are still in mainland Europe...

Anyway you still failed to explain the important point, why illegal immigrants managing to enter UK is the EU fault... or how this will change once we leave!
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Most of them are, you clueless fuqwit.

Strange that they'd rather come to Britain than seek sanctuary in mainland Europe, isn't it? The poor bastards haven't got a pot to piss in yet they struggle to get to the UK rather than stay in the tulip hole that is the rest of Europe.
          Actually I believe migrants from outside the EU chose the UK because of its well known tolerant of others, most of EU (from what I saw -apart from Scandinavia) people are not intolerant of others, and quite racist. I know many French people of north African decent (but they are 2nd or 3rd generation French) who are not able to live in France due to the racism and openly prefer to live in the UK due to the freedom they have here.
          The language and job opportunities in the UK were a plus as well. I believe , its something to be proud of that UK is preferred destination !! Not sure its all about the financial gains they make here, its well known in some other countries like Scandinavia they'd gain more on social benefits.

However, am not sure the economical issues are due to illegal immigrants/overseas immigrants...

Comment

Sorry to spoil this thread with a sensible (for me) post, but they want to get to the UK for 2 reasons ...

1) there is easy black market work in the UK via employers who are happy to break a few little employment laws
            2) English is the language by these immigrants learn, which makes it easy for them to get a job as per point 2

France has a similar situation with the immigrants who come from ex French colonies, mostly in Africa. Speaking the language of the host country makes a hell of a difference.

I'm all for opening borders up completely and people working in whatever country they can find work. Who cares which little patch of earth you was lucky enough to be born on FFS. All humans have a basic right to life.

Just need to sort the social system out so only those who are either born here, or have lived and paid taxes here for x (fill in suitable number) number of years, can claim any benefits.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Sorry to spoil this thread with a sensible (for me) post, but they want to get to the UK for 2 reasons ...

1) there is easy black market work in the UK via employers who are happy to break a few little employment laws
              2) English is the language by these immigrants learn, which makes it easy for them to get a job as per point 2
              3) fairness of the English system, English tolerance attracts many

I'm all for opening borders up completely and people working in whatever country they can find work. Who cares which little patch of earth you was lucky enough to be born on FFS. All humans have a basic right to life.

Just need to sort the social system out so only those who are either born here, or have lived and paid taxes here for x (fill in suitable number) number of years, can claim any benefits.
              Agree

Comment

France has a similar situation with the immigrants who come from ex French colonies, mostly in Africa. Speaking the language of the host country makes a hell of a difference.

This!!!

Just adding that its easier to be illegal in UK than most other EU countries, as police isn't able to carry out checks! In mainland Europe they carry out random checks on the street! When I lived in Poland (probably for being a EU border country) many times I was passing by a main train station I would see border police carrying out random ID checks on the street!

But of course, for thick people the only reason someone wants to come here is because UK is the greatest nation on earth, the real Promised Land!

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                  I'm the clueless fuqwit!?

That's not exactly it as 3/4 of them are still in mainland Europe...

Anyway you still failed to explain the important point, why illegal immigrants managing to enter UK is the EU fault... or how this will change once we leave!
                  Because the majority of illegal immigrants heading to the UK are transiting across land - name mainland Europe.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Because the majority of illegal immigrants heading to the UK are transiting across land - name mainland Europe.
                    But you know that UK has a land physical border with the EU/Schengen area/mainland europe, right!? With mandatory checks! And that that border is controlled by UK, right?

I still don't get your point! I think no one besides you get it...

Schengen border failed to control immigrants getting in! Their bad! Schengen countries can blame Schengen border control for this! UK is not on Schengen, runs their own borders, illegal immigrants get it, ONLY the UK is to blame!!!!

I tried to make it simple just for you, but if a draw will help let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                      But you know that UK has a land physical border with the EU/Schengen area/mainland europe, right!? With mandatory checks! And that that border is controlled by UK, right?

I still don't get your point! I think no one besides you get it...

Schengen border failed to control immigrants getting in! Their bad! Schengen countries can blame Schengen border control for this! UK is not on Schengen, runs their own borders, illegal immigrants get it, ONLY the UK is to blame!!!!

I tried to make it simple just for you, but if a draw will help let me know...
                      There you go. Simple really, wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X