• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Margaret Thatcher predicts the mess of the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    It's a well proven fact that immigrants pay into the system, per person, more than UK born people. You, dear fellow, are pushing the right wing lie that has been debunked more times than you have been proven wrong on here, and that's saying something!
    Right so in the context of the point of the article which states that there seem to be approx 30,000 unregistered people living in that area.

And as they are unregistered they cannot be putting anything into the economy can they?

So again there is nothing wrong with controlled immigration which allows people from all over the world to come and work in the UK if they have the skills we need and the means to support themselves.

There is a problem with unregistered illegal immigrants who expect free stuff.

It's not difficult to understand the difference is it?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Right so in the context of the point of the article which states that there seem to be approx 30,000 unregistered people living in that area.

And as they are unregistered they cannot be putting anything into the economy can they?

So again there is nothing wrong with controlled immigration which allows people from all over the world to come and work in the UK if they have the skills we need and the means to support themselves.

How do they know that there are 30,000 people living in that area if they're not registered?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's a well proven fact that immigrants pay into the system, per person, more than UK born people. You, dear fellow, are pushing the right wing lie that has been debunked more times than you have been proven wrong on here, and that's saying something!
        It's based on assumptions, like how many kids they might have etc, when they may or may not return to their original country. Benefits they may claim or not, if their family come over etc.

Mostly people change the assumptions to support their point of view or whoever is paying for them to do their research.

On another point of view, its been a while since I visited this sub-forum and it's going wonderfully. You all seem to have something to occupy your time with.

Comment

Unregistered for the census. Which doesn’t necessarily mean illegal immigrants.

Comment

One wonders where you got that from?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              One wonders where you got that from?
              Google is your friend. Give it a try fella - you might be surprised to find that the Daily Wail isn't the only place to get your information
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Google is your friend. Give it a try fella - you might be surprised to find that the Daily Wail isn't the only place to get your information
                I'm sorry you are the one making the claim, it's your job to get the evidence.

After all, it is a "well known fact".

Comment

Defeated your own argument there fella. If by 'unregistered', you're classing them as illegal, by definition they won't be claiming any benefits of any kind. They will be working in the black economy, and spending money locally, so they will still be putting something back in. They will also be being productive, and hence adding to the UK GDP.

Nice try though .... want another go?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I'm sorry you are the one making the claim, it's your job to get the evidence.

After all, it is a "well known fact".
                    Why not put a bit of effort in to prove me wrong? Or have you tried and found out that you can't because i'm right?

Comment

Why not put a bit of effort in to prove me wrong?
                      Nobody NEEDS to put any effort in for that to happen with alarming regularity. All that need be maintained is your login.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X