• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK not considered for Tesla factory because of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Another one of your intelligent posts
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Made there, not necessarily sold there.

And average wages for car workers are higher in Germany.

The global car manufacturing wage gap: what do car factory workers earn? | Auto Express

But apart from that, you were spot on.
        Most of the parts for the German cars are produced in the old Eastern Bloc.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Tesla’s not shelved, just not going to be built in the U.K.

HTH.
          Well, if you are going to build a huge European mega car factory, it would make sense to build it in an EU country, one with lots of existing car factories and suppliers, lots of skilled car workers sitting on the dole, one with lots of motorways linking it directly to other EU countries.

Or you could choose a country outside of the EU, that is an overcrowded island, with a terrible clogged road network, and fewer available workers due to record low unemployment rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Another one of your intelligent posts
            it sums up my feelings on the subject elegantly and succinctly.

Comment

Elon Musk is going to love dealing with the German Works Council and the fact that they will control every aspect of that factory.

Employee Data Protection in Germany
              It can be torture – every day - Labor Law Magazine

etc
              Last edited by DimPrawn; 13 November 2019, 13:26.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                Huge plant will be built in Germany
                So much business is coming to the UK, Not

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Thank god for that. A huge Tesla plant would just take up valuable space and labour from the jam and biscuits industry, the real deal in the future uk economy.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                  Thank god for that. A huge Tesla plant would just take up valuable space and labour from the jam and biscuits industry, the real deal in the future uk economy.
                  Real deal is economy based on low taxes for the super rich, global money laundering through "financial services" and prime London property sales to despots and crime king-pins.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Real deal is economy based on low taxes for the super rich, global money laundering through "financial services" and prime London property sales to despots and crime king-pins.

HTH BIDI
                    And that sector is about to get alot bigger.

Who cares about inequality?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Morgan shelved their electric car too.
                      I rather my electric car not look like something that would not be out of place sailing down the Clyde.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X