• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK not considered for Tesla factory because of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Problem is, in the UK, who wants to make cars when you can make trillions through global banking and "tax" management services?
    That’s the low-Tax, low-regulation country that the Tories are aiming for. Wealth for the few.

I forgot though, you don’t care about anyone but yourself, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      BMW and Mercedes Benz really suffer from their works councils; they'll be out of business soon.
      They suffer from utterly deplorable reliability.

Maybe if they spent less time munching sausages with the management they would build better cars.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        They suffer from utterly deplorable reliability.

Maybe if they spent less time munching sausages with the management they would build better cars.
        Really? My last BMW did 270,000km in 7 years and only went into the garage once for repairs and that was for a Lambda sensor. My current BMW has now done 120,000km in 5 years and has also been into the garage only once for repairs and that was only because a stone went through a cooling grid. Maybe they just ship the Monday and Friday cars to the UK to give grumpy Brits something to moan about, probably why the Australians call British people 'whinging poms'
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Problem is, in the UK, who wants to make cars when you can make trillions through global banking and "tax" management services?
          So will the City of London relocate up north to help out the Mackem's?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Really? My last BMW did 270,000km in 7 years and only went into the garage once for repairs and that was for a Lambda sensor. My current BMW has now done 120,000km in 5 years and has also been into the garage only once for repairs and that was only because a stone went through a cooling grid. Maybe they just ship the Monday and Friday cars to the UK to give grumpy Brits something to moan about, probably why the Australians call British people 'whinging poms'
            "My Granny smoked 40 a day" level cretinism.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Makes sense, there's more room in Germany for the car fires. Plus plenty of cheap labor in the former Eastern-bloc to be exploited.
              Chin up. That's the spirit!

Comment

11 days until we take the BMW in and get the Tesla.

I can sense this is going to be a total fook up already.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  My Granny smoked 40 a day.
                  Explains a lot
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Berlin reacts to the news...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Berlin reacts to the news...
                      "I'd rather pedal a little girl's bike" .... very funny

Although I abhor the sexist gender stereotyping

Comment

Working...
                      X