• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany avoids recession with surprise return to growth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    If it replaces national armies it will be at no extra cost and what is you gammons problem with an EU army anyway?
    I missed this little gem earlier. I accept your apology for some piss poor grammar (and the unoriginal reference to a pork product) but since you ask, national armies are somewhat constrained by democratically elected governments. An EU army wouldn't be so constrained, since no-one elects the EU 'government'.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      I missed this little gem earlier. I accept your apology for some piss poor grammar (and the unoriginal reference to a pork product) but since you ask, national armies are somewhat constrained by democratically elected governments. An EU army wouldn't be so constrained, since no-one elects the EU 'government'.
      Indeed - it would be almost like the President of the EU had his own little army which only answered to him and his cronies.

He would probably look like this

But we would be fine as long as we have these guys

and

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Indeed - it would be almost like the President of the EU had his own little army which only answered to him and his cronies.

She. Her.

Do try to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          She. Her.

Do try to keep up.
          Ah yes - sorry I do not recall the name - as I get older I find it helps if I see things written down.

You would think I should recall from when I was filling in my ballot paper to vote for this person it would have helped it stick...

oh wait...

Comment

Ah yes - sorry I do not recall the name - as I get older I find it helps if I see things written down.

You would think I should recall from when I was filling in my ballot paper to vote for this person it would have helped it stick...

oh wait...

Is that anything like the ballot paper you filled in for Johnson?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

oh wait...

We’ve been through this before. You, personally, do not get to vote for anyone other than your local MP and MEP.

That’s how it works in both the U.K. and EU systems of government.

Comment

So the main difference is that when I vote in the UK GE I am voting for a party - and I am aware that party will have a leader - that leader may or may not change during the periods between the GE's and therefore potentially the leader of the party I vote for will be the leader of the party for the full term.

However when the Tories for example need to elect a new leader - does Labour to the Lib Dems get a say in who is the next Tory leader? No of course not.

At which point do the MEP's confirm which presidential candidate they support and therefore at which point does my euro vote have any influence on that appointment?

Comment

So the main difference is that when I vote in the UK GE I am voting for a party - and I am aware that party will have a leader - that leader may or may not change during the periods between the GE's and therefore potentially the leader of the party I vote for will be the leader of the party for the full term.

However when the Tories for example need to elect a new leader - does Labour to the Lib Dems get a say in who is the next Tory leader? No of course not.

At which point do the MEP's confirm which presidential candidate they support and therefore at which point does my euro vote have any influence on that appointment?
                  You’re trying to compare apples and oranges, confusing party leadership (a well known example is that Farage is the leader of the Brexit Party within the European Parliament) with the role of the Commission President.

Google is your friend if you want to find out how the Commission President is nominated and elected.

Comment

But we would be fine as long as we have these guys

and

Who voted your Queen in office and who voted for the representatives in the House of Lords?
                    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      if you want to find out
                      Original doesn't want to know the truth. He's a Brexiteer. Believes anything the Johnson Junta tell him.
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X