• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    To be fair, there are quite a few in Germany... Not as many in the UK admittedly.

In Greece they just have pensioners raiding the dustbins.
    About time old people did something useful instead of going on endless round the world cruises.

Comment

hmm its not just the Asylum seekers

Emmanuel Macron: London is the sixth biggest French city | London Evening Standard

France's presidential frontrunner Emmanuel Macron declared London to be the sixth biggest French city as he sought to woo hundreds of thousands of his fellow citizens this side of the Channel.The “sixth city” title was originally coined by then mayor Boris Johnson after the dramatic increase in the number of citizens from France in London.
      But Centrist candidate Mr Macron, 39, gave the title an official seal of approval at a 3,500-strong rally in central London last night.

“I’m pleased to be here...in what is the sixth French city...because it is essential as you are French women and French men who will have their say over the destiny of our country at a critical point in its history,” he said.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        The reason a lot of them came here (particularly those who settled in Kensington) was to escape the 75% tax rate. They'll certainly be buggering off back to France again if Corbyn gets in...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          The reason a lot of them came here (particularly those who settled in Kensington) was to escape the 75% tax rate. They'll certainly be buggering off back to France again if Corbyn gets in...
          Anybody else enjoying Rick Stein's "Secret France"?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Anybody else enjoying Rick Stein's "Secret France"?
            Yes, it’s been good. He’s been to places where (due to freedom of movement) I’ve been able to carry out contracts easily over the last couple of decades.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              If France is that fooking good why are loads of migrants desperately trying to get out of it and into the UK?

Not all migrants that end up in France are trying to come to the UK. The main reasons for the ones that do is that they already have family here and the fact most young people speak English to some extend thanks to the wonders of the English dominated internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Tons of French in Kensington. Shame so few of them bothered opening decent little bistros.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Yes, it’s been good. He’s been to places where (due to freedom of movement) I’ve been able to carry out contracts easily over the last couple of decades.
                  Me too. And if I need to fill in a few extra forms in the future to do the same then I will. Because I'm resourceful, unlike you who will stand there wringing his hands like a ******* useless fairy.

Hth but I seriously doubt it.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Me too. And if I need to fill in a few extra forms in the future to do the same then I will. Because I'm resourceful, unlike you who will stand there wringing his hands like a ******* useless fairy.

No help to me - Because I’m resourceful, I have dual nationality, unlike you who will stand there wringing his hands like a ******* useless fairy, trying to fill in forms with your crayon.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      No help to me - Because I’m resourceful, I have dual nationality, unlike you who will stand there wringing his hands like a ******* useless fairy, trying to fill in forms with your crayon.

I like having security clearances the type that dual nationality will preclude one from holding. As and when circumstances change then I shall claim my Irish Passport. Yet another instance of you making assumptions and being handed your arse on a plate.

Hth.

Comment

Working...
                      X