• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I'll be voting Tory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    You can't tell what the tories will do based on their manifesto either, given that anything that's been examined in even minor detail has been shown to be utter bollox.
    Same as the Labs and Libs then :-)

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
      You need to vote for the party who will do you the least damage. That's unlikely to be Labour IMHO given their manifesto
      Yes this is my intention... to vote for the party that will do least damage. Why do you think Tories will be better? Their hard brexit approach (get brexit done ) can tank the economy just as badly as Corbyn's tax jumps.

If anyone disagrees and if there is logic behind one's argument I am happy to be proved wrong.

Comment

The way I see it is both will screw the economy but at least with Labour you only have a 4 day week.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
          The way I see it is both will screw the economy but at least with Labour you only have a 4 day week.
          Hang on... isnt that worse for all of us as we get 1 less day to bill

But this business of 4 day week is one of many reasons why I can't take Labour seriously. Having said that Bojo the clown is not exactly an icon of stability and rationality.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
            Hang on... isnt that worse for all of us as we get 1 less day to bill

But this business of 4 day week is one of many reasons why I can't take Labour seriously. Having said that Bojo the clown is not exactly an icon of stability and rationality.
            No true although BoJo was voted major of London twice - not sure JC has done anything of value like that?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              No true although BoJo was voted major of London twice - not sure JC has done anything of value like that?
              I take your point but what has he done? The Garden Bridge on which tens of millions was wasted was his baby wasnt it? As foreign secretary he managed to get more jail time for Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe .

As PM he has been awful (in my view)... he's managed to polish and bring back what is essentially May's deal which he voted against twice and for once. He then proceeded to make idiotic comments about ending up in a ditch and then behaved like an immature moron by asking for an extension but not signing the document. Yes he has been outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

That's an improvement on the 3 day week I grew up with.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  That's an improvement on the 3 day week I grew up with.
                  Ah yes, the Tory government 3 day week.

Did you remember that bit of growing up, or have you since been convinced by the propaganda that it was a Labour government in power during the blackouts and 3 day week?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sunday under Old Labour will be compulsory volunteering in the name of Dear Leader

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Ah yes, the Tory government 3 day week.

Did you remember that bit of growing up, or have you since been convinced by the propaganda that it was a Labour government in power during the blackouts and 3 day week?
                      It was a Tory government in power.

Desperately trying to sort the country out after Labour once again fooked it up.

Three-Day Week - Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                      X