• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I'll be voting Tory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Pretty poor due to, like most of the rest of the Western world, having to bail out the banks, which in turn were on the point of collapsing due to some dodgy instruments created mainly by US traders.
    You're one of the reasons why I think IQ tests should be made compulsory before granting a vote.
    Bring it on big boy!

Btw, the rest of your post is bulltulip.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Bring it on big boy!

Btw, the rest of your post is bulltulip.
      Sasguru is right - for once. And sadly the solution to too much debt seems to be more debt. Still, as long as the plebs don't realize then the hedge funds can still make loads of money and blame any perceived issues on immigrants, then its all fine.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Sasguru is right - for once. And sadly the solution to too much debt seems to be more debt. Still, as long as the plebs don't realize then the hedge funds can still make loads of money and blame any perceived issues on immigrants, then its all fine.
        There is another solution, but you might not like it...

The USA reserves the right to withdraw all trade, aid and communication upon the non-compliance of the UK to allow open discussions about the sale of all assets within and partnered with the National Health Service

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          There is another solution, but you might not like it...
          I quite like it. If the UK has to be in a major block, I would rather it was the USA than the EU.

Comment

I quite like it. If the UK has to be in a major block, I would rather it was the USA than the EU.
            It’s cute the way you say “in a block”, as if the US would give the U.K. anywhere near the same level of fairness as the EU.

The EU is a market/block of 28 different interests all trying to work together. The US is one market/block with only one interest.

Comment

Nothing whatsoever to do with the Labour Government's Profligate attitude to the UK's financial resources then, eh?

<cough>FiReControl</cough>
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Nothing whatsoever to do with the Labour Government's Profligate attitude to the UK's financial resources then, eh?

<cough>FiReControl</cough>
                I don't see much profligate spending under Labour, it's mainly the Tories.

It's a bit of a myth that only Labour push up deficits.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  I don't see much profligate spending under Labour, it's mainly the Tories.

It's a bit of a myth that only Labour push up deficits.
                  It's all academic anyway, Labour haven't got a hope in hell, even if they do promise to plant a gazillion trees in the next fortnight!

Comment

I was wrong but rather than admit it, hey look! Over there! Squirrel!
                    FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      FTFY.
                      Yep, 1 point to you. Deduct it from the tuliploads that you owe me.

Comment

Working...
                      X