• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back in London this week. Why is it so dirty FFS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I take it you have never been to Amsterdam. Dog sh!t everywhere, marijuana smell everywhere and Brits on stag and hen do-s everywhere
    I was stoned as feck so did not really notice that much..

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I supposed when I lived here I got used to it. But really guys, stop littering and clean up.

OK wrong forum. Is it Brexit related?
      Bloody cyclists...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Avoid flying into Heathrow if at all possible. The miasma of despair around the Thistle Hotel can be unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Avoid flying into Heathrow if at all possible. The miasma of despair around the Thistle Hotel can be unbearable.
          Beats the sh!t out of flying into Luton...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Beats the sh!t out of flying into Luton...
            I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I'll take your word for it.
              Football trip. Thankfully the bar was open. I was pleasantly surprised, as it was barely 6am...

Comment

I supposed when I lived here I got used to it. But really guys, stop littering and clean up.
                It is the preponderance of whining entitled Bremoaners churlishly throwing their latte mugs around that does it.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

OK wrong forum. Is it Brexit related?
                  It's the bloody foreigners, this is who's to blame.

Once those savages will be kicked out, London will go back to be the small town it really is. I don't know...1-2 million people. The smell of jam and biscuits coming from the only factories left active will be such a treat.

Comment

National dirtiness

Many years ago, whilst walking from France into Switzerland along the southern shores of Lac Leman, I noticed how the prolific weeds on the railway line on the French side quickly disappeared on the Swiss side. I guess it's all down to money and national pride.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                      Many years ago, whilst walking from France into Switzerland along the southern shores of Lac Leman, I noticed how the prolific weeds on the railway line on the French side quickly disappeared on the Swiss side. I guess it's all down to money and national pride.
                      Or maybe part of it is national pride, part of it is that the rail network is not privatised as we would know it, and the higher taxes go towards investing in it.

You get what you vote for.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X