• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to close down the Brexit forum?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hardly think my Dark Star quip counts as being triggered

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Tories are going to win at a canter, self-imposed deadline for Brexit will not be met by Johnson, hard Brexit ensues - the only real outcome that we surely all want by now.
      Next!
      The time to close it down is 31st January 2020. And then the mod's can start an FTA-Negotiations forum in it's place.

If Borris wins, the deal goes through, then BREXIT just drops away from the news agenda for 6 - 9 months, because the negotiations will be, underway on the future relationship and there will be little to report. It'll pop-up again when we get to the end of 2020.

The transition effectively means everything stays pretty much the same and it can be extended ... which it almost certainly will.

So I reckon that we won't hear the usual shrieking from the usual quaters about "No-Deal" until 2021. Which still gives Borris plenty of time to recover in time for the May 2025 election.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        The transition effectively means everything stays pretty much the same and it can be extended ... which it almost certainly will.
        Under the terms of the WA, I think any extension to the transition period has to be agreed by 1 July 2020.

I can't see BoJo wanting to do that.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the EU still agrees to an extension if we reach the Dec 2020 cliff edge.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          And do try and work out why Brexit will be good for me and not for you
          Yeah, so good for you that you voted Remain.......................Bwahahahahahaa
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Yeah, so good for you that you voted Remain.......................Bwahahahahahaa
            I know you have all the dynamism of a drunk slug, so its not surprising that your life hasn't changed much from 3 years ago.
            That's the British working class for you, infantile suckers for a posh accent who rely on the nanny state and are surprised whenever they get screwed over which happens with clockwork regularity.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X