• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Fact Check"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    OK, can we roll back to the numbers you were multiplying?

Can you tell us how you got them and why you multiplied them?
    jesus did it, and ran away

Comment

Sadly everyone likes to say they "know how to use data" these days.

Comment

General election 2019: Corbyn and Johnson TV debate fact-checked - BBC News

"Boris Johnson said: Labour would "put up spending to £1.2 trillion"

Reality Check: Labour's spending plans are nowhere near £1.2tn a year. "

"That translates to Labour spending an extra £240bn a year, but the independent Institute for Fiscal Studies costed it at £180bn extra a year by the year 2023-4."
        So, 1.14 trillion, which is nowhere near 1.2 trillion.

I mean, I can take some level of bias in articles even by the BBC but...
        £240bn x 5 = £1.2tn

£180bn x 5 = £0.9tn (not £1.14tn)
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          £240bn x 5 = £1.2tn

£180bn x 5 = £0.9tn (not £1.14tn)
          Spoilsport .... we were waiting to see how long it took the dim one to spot this
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Spoilsport .... we were waiting to see how long it took the dim one to spot this
            You really need to learn to read and comprehend what is actually being said.

"Boris Johnson said: Labour would "put up spending to £1.2 trillion"

Reality Check: Labour's spending plans are nowhere near £1.2tn a year. "

"That translates to Labour spending an extra £240bn a year, but the independent Institute for Fiscal Studies costed it at £180bn extra a year by the year 2023-4."
            So if an increase of £240bn is equal to £1.2Tn then the starting figure is £960bn - the IFS says the increase will only be $180bn which leads to the target figure of £1.14Tn - what are you failing to understand?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

So if an increase of £240bn is equal to £1.2Tn then the starting figure is £960bn - the IFS says the increase will only be $180bn which leads to the target figure of £1.14Tn - what are you failing to understand?

It gets worse. Or better, for entertainment purposes.
              Feck me, how thick are you plankton?

Last edited by sasguru; 8 December 2019, 16:48.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

It gets worse. Or better, for entertainment purposes.
                Feck me, how thick are you plankton?

OK SAS,

A 1,000 pound wager I can get the BBC to admit this was incorrect language,

Comment

OK SAS,

A 1,000 pound wager I can get the BBC to admit this was incorrect language,
                  I'm not talking about the BBC - I expect innumeracy from arts graduates.

I'm talking about your gross misunderstanding of the figures. Have you worked it out yet?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

[QUOTE=sasguru;2705868]I'm not talking about the BBC - I expect innumeracy from arts graduates.

I'm talking about your gross misunderstanding of the figures. Have you worked it out yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you don't want to lose 1000 quid

Comment

Yes, you don't want to lose 1000 quid
                      Keep at it. Those less gifted, like yourself, can get there with a little extra effort.

Any Brexiters want to help him out?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X