• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Fact Check"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    You really need to learn to read and comprehend what is actually being said.

So if an increase of £240bn is equal to £1.2Tn then the starting figure is £960bn - the IFS says the increase will only be $180bn which leads to the target figure of £1.14Tn - what are you failing to understand?
    Not quite there yet are you? Still struggling? Do you need more fingers to help you count?

Go on, have another go and let us know how you get on
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So if an increase of £240bn is equal to £1.2Tn then the starting figure is £960bn - the IFS says the increase will only be $180bn which leads to the target figure of £1.14Tn - what are you failing to understand?
      Where are you getting the figure of £960bn from? I mean, apart from subtracting one made up figure from another.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Where are you getting the figure of £960bn from? I mean, apart from subtracting one made up figure from another.
        Why don't you look at the original BBC quote and then you'll understand.

Last edited by Zigenare; 9 December 2019, 09:16.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Problem with the likes of Ziggy, Minny et al, is that their view is so entrenched that they will believe anything that supports their narrow political narrative. It's rather sad, and clearly doesn't lead to a happy life.

Comment

Comment

So is your problem that the BBC pointed out a massive lie by Boris, but they worded part of it incorrectly. He was still wrong, but further wrong than they gave him credit for

Comment

So is your problem that the BBC pointed out a massive lie by Boris, but they worded part of it incorrectly. He was still wrong, but further wrong than they gave him credit for
                So Boris lied but the BBC was incorrect?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Ah yes:
                  "Boris Johnson said: Labour would "put up spending to £1.2 trillion"

and

"But the Tories repeated the analysis and reached the same figure of an increase in government spending of £1.2tn over the course of the parliament."

Comment

Ah yes:
                    "Boris Johnson said: Labour would "put up spending to £1.2 trillion"

and

"But the Tories repeated the analysis and reached the same figure of an increase in government spending of £1.2tn over the course of the parliament."
                    He's still struggling with the overall figure during the 5 year parliament, and the per year spend. He's also struggling to get the concept that the Tories are claiming Labour will spend the higher yearly figure from day one, rather than the figure increasing over the term of the parliament (as noted by the IFS).

I'm sure he'll get there in the end, then come back and claim he's still right but completely change the argument.

Anyone seen Minny?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      He's still struggling with the overall figure during the 5 year parliament, and the per year spend. He's also struggling to get the concept that the Tories are claiming Labour will spend the higher yearly figure from day one, rather than the figure increasing over the term of the parliament (as noted by the IFS).

I'm sure he'll get there in the end, then come back and claim he's still right but completely change the argument.

Anyone seen Minny?
                      I was asked where I got my figures from and I've explained.

And I admit that after reading the full article the figures are incorrect.

Comment

Working...
                      X