• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Fact Check"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Not good at this are you? Just like your soldier days, you give up when it gets a bit difficult

Not to worry. I was expecting this; once a quitter always a quitter.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Not good at this are you? Just like your soldier days, you give up when it gets a bit difficult

Not to worry. I was expecting this; once a quitter always a quitter.
      1995: Cell phones arrive - Cover Story News - Issue Date: Dec 26, 2005
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

And?

You've linked to a story, but there is nothing there that confirms that you managed the implementation. Anyone can link to a web page and pretend that was them.

Comment

And?

You've linked to a story, but there is nothing there that confirms that you managed the implementation. Anyone can link to a web page and pretend that was them.
          Do you think they made their own tea?

Comment

And?

You disputed the year of launch. I was merely pointing out that in that instance, as with so many others, you were factually wrong.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Do you think they made their own tea?
              Not after Spuddy had quit and headed back to the UK. Life's much harder on a project once the tea boy quits.

Comment

You disputed the year of launch. I was merely pointing out that in that instance, as with so many others, you were factually wrong.

HTH BIDI

At what point did I dispute the year of launch? i disputed that you was still in India at the year of launch. I'd already used Google to find the year of launch.

Comment

At what point did I dispute the year of launch? i disputed that you was still in India at the year of launch. I'd already used Google to find the year of launch.
                  Well as I stated that I was in India for most of 1995, we can only assume that you either can't read, or don't even know how to use Google properly. Either option seems feasible in your case as you are a special kind of dim.

Comment

Well as I stated that I was in India for most of 1995, we can only assume that you either can't read, or don't even know how to use Google properly. Either option seems feasible in your case as you are a special kind of dim.

You claimed earlier you "managed" the implementation, an implementation that went live 3rd quarter of a year you now claim you was only in India for most of.

A quick Google, found one of your original claims (not found the year one yet) that contradicts that you "managed" it .. to quote yourself, you're not a mover and shaker (we know that already). You also said you was only one cog in the one roll out team.

As I said earlier, you was a pleb who ran some training courses on how to wire up a few terminals. I used to do stuff like that as a new graduate straight out of Uni. I'm sure you was useful on the project, but you wasn't what you are now claiming fella.

Never claimed to be a "huge mover and shaker".

But I WAS the Field Implementation Manager for one of the 2 networks in Calcutta with responsibility for coordinating the civil installations, the commissioning and Integration of all the basesites in the Network as well as the training of the customer engineering team for the ongoing maintenance of the network.

Just one cog in a large team, but one that shouldered a substantial part of the project workload and responsibility.
                    Edit: I'm a bit bored waiting for the election results to come through, so feel free to through out something else I can have a look for to prove you wrong
                    Last edited by Whorty; 12 December 2019, 21:44.

Comment

You claimed earlier you "managed" the implementation, an implementation that went live 3rd quarter of a year you now claim you was only in India for most of.
                      I was implementation manager. Managing the implementation was kind of a given.
                      And I claimed to have been there the very year that the network went live. Who'd have thunk it?

A quick Google, found one of your original claims (not found the year one yet) that contradicts that you "managed" it
                      Really? Do please share that with us. Although considering that you can't even find one stating the year (even though I pointed you in the right direction ) just reinforces my earlier contention that you ain't all that savvy with google.

You also said you was only one cog in the one roll out team.
                      Indeed. That is how the most effective managers tend to operate. Not that YOU would know that.

Now do you intend digging yourself any deeper into that hole or are you just going to admit defeat? You ought to be used to it by now.

Comment

Working...
                      X