• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you are voting Tory, have you read the Tory Manifesto?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are voting Tory, have you read the Tory Manifesto?

In plain English rather than Tory speak; removing a number of powers from MPs and Parliament and giving them to the PM.
    i.e The PM will have presidential powers. All done in the name of democracy.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    In plain English rather than Tory speak; removing a number of powers from MPs and Parliament and giving them to the PM.
    Give us your interpretation of the Tory Manifesto.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

We will get rid of the Fixed Term
      Parliaments Act – it has led to
      paralysis at a time the country
      needed decisive action.

We will continue to support the First
      Past the Post system of voting, as it
      allows voters to kick out politicians
      who don’t deliver, both locally and
      nationally.

After Brexit we also need to look
      at the broader aspects of our
      constitution: the relationship between
      the Government, Parliament and the
      courts; the functioning of the Royal
      Prerogative; the role of the House
      of Lords

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Was that your interpretation?

Seems reasonable to me.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If what you are saying is right MPs are going to vote so they have less power.

I honestly wonder how you fookers survive in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            If what you are saying is right MPs are going to vote so they have less power.

I honestly wonder how you fookers survive in the wild.
            Like an Enabling Act.

Comment

I’ve read Hard Labour - might as well leave the country if they get in power

Comment

tbh what percentage of voters do read any manifesto of any party?
                Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                  tbh what percentage of voters do read any manifesto of any party?
                  Sadly, not many people do. And among the ones that do read it, people who actually understand it are even less.

Been talking to a friend of mine recently who said he's going to vote Lib Dems. When asked why he replied he's not gonna vote Labour because "Corbyn is a grumpy old men who wants to tax also the air we breathe and give all our taxes to the chavs who claim jsa" (quoting him word for word).

He's not going to vote Tory because "Bojo is a clown" (again, word for word).

When I asked him what Labour/Tory policies doesn't he agree with and what Lib Dem policies instead he agrees with...no answer. No knowledge whatsoever of what any parties are aiming to do. Not even the main points of the parties' manifestos. Nothing. Nada.

Ladies and gentlemen....the british electorate

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                    Ladies and gentlemen....the british electorate
                    At least he is actually voting !
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X