• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you are voting Tory, have you read the Tory Manifesto?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen....the British electorate.
    TBF, every single one of the ****ers is a lying ****. Politics is dead in this country until a few of them go to prison for lying. There is literally no party worth a vote in this election; not one of them.

Aaannnd, relax....
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      Politics is dead in this country until a few of them go to prison for lying.
      That may happen sooner than you think.

Comment

As Cummings is thought of as a master of the dark arts, I presume you mena this:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sadly, not many people do. And among the ones that do read it, people who actually understand it are even less.

Been talking to a friend of mine recently who said he's going to vote Lib Dems. When asked why he replied he's not gonna vote Labour because "Corbyn is a grumpy old men who wants to tax also the air we breathe and give all our taxes to the chavs who claim jsa" (quoting him word for word).

He's not going to vote Tory because "Bojo is a clown" (again, word for word).

When I asked him what Labour/Tory policies doesn't he agree with and what Lib Dem policies instead he agrees with...no answer. No knowledge whatsoever of what any parties are aiming to do. Not even the main points of the parties' manifestos. Nothing. Nada.

Ladies and gentlemen....the british electorate

and there you have it. I guess very few voters in % terms actually determine the outcome of a GE, irrespective of what the manifestos say.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
            tbh what percentage of voters do read any manifesto of any party?
            What's the point, it's about as realistic as New Year resolutions?

Sadly, not many people do. And among the ones that do read it, people who actually understand it are even less.

Been talking to a friend of mine recently who said he's going to vote Lib Dems. When asked why he replied he's not gonna vote Labour because "Corbyn is a grumpy old men who wants to tax also the air we breathe and give all our taxes to the chavs who claim jsa" (quoting him word for word).

He's not going to vote Tory because "Bojo is a clown" (again, word for word).

When I asked him what Labour/Tory policies doesn't he agree with and what Lib Dem policies instead he agrees with...no answer. No knowledge whatsoever of what any parties are aiming to do. Not even the main points of the parties' manifestos. Nothing. Nada.

Ladies and gentlemen....the british electorate

Not voting for a party because you think their leader is a clown is entirely valid. If you think their leader is incompetent to enact their policies, dishonest and doesn't plan to enact the policies, etc, then the policies are fairly worthless.

Johnson is corrupt and a liar
            Corbyn is well-meaning but hopelessly idealistic and totally ineffectual to boot.
            Doesn't matter aboutt he others because the leaders won't be PM, focus on who your MP might be instead.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              What's the point, it's about as realistic as New Year resolutions?

Not voting for a party because you think their leader is a clown is entirely valid. If you think their leader is incompetent to enact their policies, dishonest and doesn't plan to enact the policies, etc, then the policies are fairly worthless.

Johnson is corrupt and a liar
              Corbyn is well-meaning but hopelessly idealistic and totally ineffectual to boot.
              Doesn't matter aboutt he others because the leaders won't be PM, focus on who your MP might be instead.
              Corbyn is an incompetent, terrorist appeasing Marxist puppet.

Added for balance.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Corbyn is an incompetent, terrorist appeasing Marxist puppet.

Added for balance.
                Not exactly accurate. Which Marxists do you think he is a puppet to?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Karl?

Comment

John McDonnell
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X