• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU asking the British government for an extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU asking the British government for an extension

EU looks at extending Brexit transition period beyond 2020 | Politics | The Guardian

Tell 'em to fook off Boris.

Comment

Looking forward to Boris's reply.

I have a feeling I know, though it won't be a "vocal yes" he'll first of all declare that he's rather be dead in a ditch, but we know where it's heading.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder whether Boris will be able to take the UK back into the EU without anyone noticing.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Is the shoe on the other foot?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            I'm beginning to wonder whether Boris will be able to take the UK back into the EU without anyone noticing.
            No chance, but there could be a silent morph into an EFTA type deal.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Is the shoe on the other foot?
              Yes - they now realise the UK is actually going to leave, all the efforts by Tusk and the cronies to keep the UK cash cow being milked by the EU has failed.

And now they realise they actually need to put their big boy pants on and actually listen to what is being said otherwise we will leave without a deal.

Comment

Possibly the EU are being realistic in how long it will take to unpick all the integrations.
                Boris thinks that there’s a magic IT project which can be planned, resourced (all inside IR35) and successfully delivered in 11 months.
                ...or maybe it’s just the nasty EU begging us to stay, because the whole thing has never been about practical or sensible solutions.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Possibly the EU are being realistic in how long it will take to unpick all the integrations.
                  Boris thinks that there’s a magic IT project which can be planned, resourced (all inside IR35) and successfully delivered in 11 months.
                  ...or maybe it’s just the nasty EU begging us to stay, because the whole thing has never been about practical or sensible solutions.
                  Well let's face it - when the whole thing is a cash cow for a few people to play around and make large amounts of personal wealth why did you think there would be anything about practical and sensible solutions?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Well let's face it - when the whole thing is a cash cow for a few people to play around and make large amounts of personal wealth why did you think there would be anything about practical and sensible solutions?
                    Because, as we have seen from certain posters on here, nothing matters unless it personally affects them.

When it comes to a trade deal there is no “one size fits all” solution. Everything from fishing to farming to services needs to be discussed and agreed. All the various lobby groups in both the U.K. and the EU will want their say, often with competing interests.

Comment

Working...
                    X