• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hope this guy is wrong about our future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Anything could happen. You could make a relevant point, theoretically.
    I just did.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      I just did.
      Linky?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Agreed.

Moreover, meanwhile, the debt the country has sunk itself in is reaching a stage whereby it cannot recover from. I know others would argue the BoE can print as much as it likes without limit. The truth is, a limit does indeed exist, and that limit is as much as can be recovered by taxes. Now whether the government likes it or not taxes must increase to a point the debt can be serviced. The voting Tory public are likely to find disagreement with this. Tough.

Rather like the central banks, government hands are tied. The only card left to play is to print endless amounts of cash. A lot of it. This reset will be nothing like we've seen since governments dropped out of the gold standard.
        since governments dropped out of the gold standard
        Gold Reserves - Countries - List

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          This reset will be nothing like we've seen...
          Debt wise, the UK is in a better position than many countries around the world. Obviously, if the Tories go on a spending splurge, it may not look so benign in a year or so.

The world looks a bit bust to me.

Global debt surged to a record $250 trillion in the first half of 2019, led by the US and China
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            Debt wise, the UK is in a better position than many countries around the world. Obviously, if the Tories go on a spending splurge, it may not look so benign in a year or so.

Global debt surged to a record $250 trillion in the first half of 2019, led by the US and China
            It is unlikely the Tories will have a huge spending splurge.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Global debt - who is it owed to? Someone must be in a pretty good position!

Comment

Economy on the brink of contraction

Looks like the Tories are driving the economy down the plug hole.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Economy on the brink of contraction

Looks like the Tories are driving the economy down the plug hole.
                  Nope we'd have already been down the plug hole and swirling our way to the sea if Corbynski had got in. Boris just might make this Country a successful one relative to others. I'm looking forward to and have confidence in the future. We're certainly in a better place than if Labour had been given the chance to squander whatever the UK has

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                    Global debt - who is it owed to? Someone must be in a pretty good position!
                    Not if there are defaults, or the interest they receive doesn't keep pace with inflation.

These are on the rise:
                    https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/negative-yield-bonds
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                      ...We're certainly in a better place than if Labour had been given the chance to squander whatever the UK has.
                      Whilst one cannot be entirely happy with the state of UK politics or the UK's direction of travel for the foreseeable future, this statement is inevitably true.We would have been totally arse-****ed had the Corbyistas taken charge.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X