• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hope this guy is wrong about our future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this guy is wrong about our future

He's a remainer so, of course, he's biased. Nevertheless, it's still a sobering analysis of what may lie ahead.

The Brexit Blog

"Friday, 13 December 2019

The Brexit dystopia bequeathed by this election"
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

They coulsd be very right. They could be very wrong. No-one can be sure how this will play out. I think most here will agree with the conclusion - "The coming years are going to be very ugly indeed."

I can't see any agreement on UK future relationship with the EU. Not by the end of Dec 2020. No doubt BJ will claim Brexit is done by the end of Jan 2020. And the thickos will believe him.

Its back to Victorian times.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      They coulsd be very right. They could be very wrong. No-one can be sure how this will play out. I think most here will agree with the conclusion - "The coming years are going to be very ugly indeed."

I can't see any agreement on UK future relationship with the EU. Not by the end of Dec 2020. No doubt BJ will claim Brexit is done by the end of Jan 2020. And the thickos will believe him.

In Victorian times, there was a manufacturing industry. The Leave Camp's leading economist Prof. Patrick Minford has stated that Brexit will mean the virtual elimination of British manufacturing.

Comment

Boris now has a choice, he could either Brexit the UK into the stone age with a real Brexit or he could do a stealth U-Turn and slowly integrate the UK back into the EU with a succession of interim trade deals.

I suspect he's more likely to "smoke and mirror" the UK back into the EU.

My portfolio will go up either way so I don't mind.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          In Victorian times, there was a manufacturing industry. The Leave Camp's leading economist Prof. Patrick Minford has stated that Brexit will mean the virtual elimination of British manufacturing.
          He also said "Brexit could boost the UK economy by as much as £135 billion a year".
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Boris now has a choice, he could either Brexit the UK into the stone age with a real Brexit or he could do a stealth U-Turn and slowly integrate the UK back into the EU with a succession of interim trade deals.

I suspect he's more likely to "smoke and mirror" the UK back into the EU.

My portfolio will go up either way so I don't mind.

You twinned with assguru?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              You twinned with assguru?
              I'm taking over while he's away for Christmas.

We're all Brexiteers now.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Indeed I agree. Just to clarify I was talking about inequality. Britain leading the world, most citizens in total poverty.

This time I think UK will be a tax haven rather than into manufacturing.

I see no evidence of one nation. Only a country becoming more divided. Both in wealth and views.

Comment

Anything could happen. You could make a relevant point, theoretically.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Agreed.

Moreover, meanwhile, the debt the country has sunk itself in is reaching a stage whereby it cannot recover from. I know others would argue the BoE can print as much as it likes without limit. The truth is, a limit does indeed exist, and that limit is as much as can be recovered by taxes. Now whether the government likes it or not taxes must increase to a point the debt can be serviced. The voting Tory public are likely to find disagreement with this. Tough.

Rather like the central banks, government hands are tied. The only card left to play is to print endless amounts of cash. A lot of it. This reset will be nothing like we've seen since governments dropped out of the gold standard.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X