• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris trashes the UK economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris trashes the UK economy

The politics of "thick" begins

Investors flee the UK as the pound crashes

gr8 stuff, what else did anyone expect.

I'm alright Jack

No-one will stop him now. The grown ups have left the building.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Taking back control. Will of the people. They need us more than we need them.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Only a matter of time before he announces capital controls and the buyer remorse sets in amongst the voting thick.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Brexit means Brexit.

At least it will be without crazy Labour taxation, for the time being.

Comment

There's a lot of virtue signalling going on w/ the WA. The average voter has the attention span of a gnat and it will all get reversed when their gaze turns elsewhere. Did the previous amendment by the ERG seeking no E/W border to NI make any difference?

I still expect a soft-ish Brexit because he needs the money to sink into garden bridges oop norf. Obviously, I would prefer a diamond hard Brexit, but it isn't realistic.

Comment

Anyone got access to a parallel universe where Corbyn won? How was the pound there?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Anyone got access to a parallel universe where Corbyn won? How was the pound there?
                We joined the Ruble on 14th December
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  I still expect a soft-ish Brexit because he needs the money to sink into garden bridges oop norf. Obviously, I would prefer a diamond hard Brexit, but it isn't realistic.
                  Soft Brexit will limit Boris's ability to bribe with state aid.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Yeah, that would've been funny.

Cable heading back towards 1.20 and below, probably*.

*insert project fear footnote here

Comment

Working...
                    X