• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland's future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You missed a critical detail, my cretinous little friend.
    As lomng as I am your friend

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      As lomng as I am your friend
      Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Sorted.

Just don't tell Ziggy. He gets jealous.....

Comment

What I find interesting is that all we hear from Mrs. Krankie is a call for another referendum to give Scotland independence, yet so far I've not seen any hard proposals of how Scotland would manage its own affairs. I couldn't see any UK government allowing Scotland to enjoy any UK benefits, like the NHS for example, neither could I see Scotland being allowed to use the £ Sterling. Surely they would have to accept the Euro? There would clearly have to be a hard border between England and Scotland and these are only the high level issues. Goodness knows how many other issues would be lurking.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            What I find interesting is that all we hear from Mrs. Krankie is a call for another referendum to give Scotland independence, yet so far I've not seen any hard proposals of how Scotland would manage its own affairs. I couldn't see any UK government allowing Scotland to enjoy any UK benefits, like the NHS for example, neither could I see Scotland being allowed to use the £ Sterling. Surely they would have to accept the Euro? There would clearly have to be a hard border between England and Scotland and these are only the high level issues. Goodness knows how many other issues would be lurking.
            Are you saying that breaking away from a bigger group of countries is not a really simple thing that could be solved in, say, 11 months?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Are you saying that breaking away from a bigger group of countries is not a really simple thing that could be solved in, say, 11 months?
              I made no comment along those lines. I'm just saying that Mrs Krankie has not so far, as far as I can see, outlined how some of the high level issues would be handled, irrespective of timescales on how they might be achieved.

Comment

I made no comment along those lines. I'm just saying that Mrs Krankie has not so far, as far as I can see, outlined how some of the high level issues would be handled, irrespective of timescales on how they might be achieved.

YAWN.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  YAWN.
                  glad to see you are tired of me. It's one of my tactics to suppress other points of view on forums.

Comment

glad to see you are tired of me. It's one of my tactics to suppress other points of view on forums.

Well, if Scotland don't want a hard border, then England will have to do it.
                    If Scotland don't want to restrict the movement of goods then England will have to do it.
                    And England will have to pay for it as well.

Comment

If you’re not Scottish, why should those matters concern you?

Comment

Working...
                      X