When the stupids belatedly realise that Brexit makes them even poorer .... When the stupids belatedly realise that Brexit makes them even poorer .... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Or any party that feels it is acceptable to put their political opponents in jail.

    The Remainer tyranny - spiked

    But you know he did not get in so no need to worry...
    You seem to be muddling things up again. This is the views of a Tory MEP.

    Tory MEP says 'extreme EU loyalty' should be treason offence | Metro News

    Dominic Grieve, however, was stating that Johnson had to obey a court order or be found in contempt of court, the potential consequences of which include jail, rule of law being what it is. Not so much 'putting their political opponents in jail' as ensuring the PM obeys the law of the land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  2. #22

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    You seem to be muddling things up again. This is the views of a Tory MEP.

    Tory MEP says 'extreme EU loyalty' should be treason offence | Metro News

    Dominic Grieve, however, was stating that Johnson had to obey a court order or be found in contempt of court, the potential consequences of which include jail, rule of law being what it is. Not so much 'putting their political opponents in jail' as ensuring the PM obeys the law of the land.
    Well lets just say it's a good job he did not get in....

    And this is the gift that just keeps on giving.

    YouTube

  3. #23

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Well lets just say it's a good job he did not get in....

    And this is the gift that just keeps on giving.

    YouTube
    You forgot to comment on the Tory MEP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #24

    Ducklike

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    9,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    The playbook is to blame someone else (foreigners, immigrants, Jews, Muslims, intellectuals or some such) and then use that as an excuse to crack down on rights and freedoms. The 'stupids' didn't realise they'd been had in Germany until late 1944. But the Daily Mail can still play its historic role in the early to middle stages.
    You mean like Labour did, blaming the Jews (yes indeed) and the media for their election loss?

    I'm staggered that people can't see the Labour was the threat akin to the Nazis... anti semitic, blaming the Jews for all the woes of the world, and outwardly embracing socialist policies, would have quickly taken the country down the toilet and resorted to jackbooted Momentum mob to control the plebs while limiting freedoms on grounds of national good.

    The "stupids" are the wealthy middle/upper classes elitists who support them, presumably taken in by the socialist utopia stuff that they read in the Guardian every day and that echoes around their twitter bubble. People who really believe that "proper" socialism hasn't really been given a fair chance yet.

    Thank God that working northern man saved the nation.

    Anyway, Merry Christmas one and all :-)

  5. #25

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
    You mean like Labour did, blaming the Jews (yes indeed) and the media for their election loss?

    I'm staggered that people can't see the Labour was the threat akin to the Nazis... anti semitic, blaming the Jews for all the woes of the world, and outwardly embracing socialist policies, would have quickly taken the country down the toilet and resorted to jackbooted Momentum mob to control the plebs while limiting freedoms on grounds of national good.

    The "stupids" are the wealthy middle/upper classes elitists who support them, presumably taken in by the socialist utopia stuff that they read in the Guardian every day and that echoes around their twitter bubble. People who really believe that "proper" socialism hasn't really been given a fair chance yet.

    Thank God that working northern man saved the nation.

    Anyway, Merry Christmas one and all :-)
    Looks like there's a couple more years to go before the stupids realise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  6. #26

    Better than AtW


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
    You mean like Labour did, blaming the Jews (yes indeed) and the media for their election loss?

    I'm staggered that people can't see the Labour was the threat akin to the Nazis... anti semitic, blaming the Jews for all the woes of the world, and outwardly embracing socialist policies, would have quickly taken the country down the toilet and resorted to jackbooted Momentum mob to control the plebs while limiting freedoms on grounds of national good.

    The "stupids" are the wealthy middle/upper classes elitists who support them, presumably taken in by the socialist utopia stuff that they read in the Guardian every day and that echoes around their twitter bubble. People who really believe that "proper" socialism hasn't really been given a fair chance yet.

    Thank God that working northern man saved the nation.

    Anyway, Merry Christmas one and all :-)
    You've got to laugh at this post and hope the poster isn't as stupid as he sounds.

    "Labour was the threat akin to the Nazis"
    "The "stupids" are the wealthy middle/upper classes elitists who support them, presumably taken in by socialist utopia ..."

    FFS Professors/teachers are NOT the elite, nor are they wealthy.



    What about the rich Tory elite worried about Brexit?

    Anyway no point in going on about it.
    Remainers think Brexit will be bad for the country.
    Brexiters think otherwise.
    A third possibility is that it makes little difference one way or another.
    Time will tell.

    All I know is that the "elite", liberal or not, to which I am proud to belong, are not the sort to trust to fate and so we take steps to remain the elite rather than hoping for the best


    HTH, BIDI
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  7. #27

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    All I know is that the "elite", liberal or not, to which I am proud to belong
    The retarded underclass that is happy to host YOU amongst its ranks is never referred to as an "elite".

    Putting it in plainer terms, if all of your "elite" were to take up residence within the same village, they would appoint you as their Head Idiot!

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  8. #28

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    52,079

    Default

    You got 'em, Sarg

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •