• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain will stay a dominant economy after Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Most 'experts' trot out rubbish which support the masses point of view on the person or 'thing' they do not like.

Therefore Orange Man Bad and so America's economy will be bad - regardless of what actually happens.

Brexit is bad and the EU is great therefore the UK will fail after Brexit.

It seems there is no interest in actually putting together a debate based on fact and trying to fathom what could happen by extrapolating from these facts using logical deduction.

I guess mainly because it does not get likes n clicks.
    The irony is strong with this one
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      It was actually written by Alex Brummer. It's just 'pete' who seems to own the page.
      Terrible English...
      Innacurate as France overtook the UK after the financial crisis by almost all measures.
      UK to overtake Germany in six years.... Hahahaahha
      and Japan by 2034......

Quality journalism clearly.
      It is clumsy wording and probably deliberately so, but in no world is the UK going to bridge the 40% GDP gap to Germany in six years.

However, re-read the article and you'll see that it is India that will overtake Germany in six years, having overtaken the UK this year. (India having a 5%(ish) annual GDP growth rates).

The CEBR report also refer to UK performance 'on current trends'. Current trends are based on us being in the EU, and with good inward migration of a young workforce. A drop in young migrants working here will harm the economy.
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
      X