• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: Timmermans 'love letter' says UK always welcome back in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit: Timmermans 'love letter' says UK always welcome back in EU

The UK is not welcome back. Except for their money.

Mind you, the money is probably worth getting a decent quality of politicians.

Comment

It's a bizarre letter and also bizarre that nobody really questions the language...

"I know you now. And I love you. For who you are and what you gave me. I'm like an old lover. Truth be told, I felt deeply hurt when you decided to leave. Three years later I am just sad that a member of our family wants to sever our ties. But at the same time I find comfort in the thought that family ties can never really be severed. We're not going away and you will always be welcome to come back."

..that is restraining order and change the locks type stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The UK is not welcome back. Except for their money.

Mind you, the money is probably worth getting a decent quality of politicians.
        By the time the England & Wales applies to re-join the EU; the Tory toffs will already have dual nationality with their money stashed offshore and England & Wales will be bankrupt. England & Wales will be the bottom of the EU economies and will be a net gainer of EU funds. UK builders will be guest workers in Poland.
        Last edited by Paddy; 28 December 2019, 21:29. Reason: duel dual wtf
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          By the time the England & Wales applies to re-join the EU; the Tory toffs will already have duel nationality with their money stashed offshore and England & Wales will be bankrupt. England & Wales will be the bottom of the EU economies and will be a net gainer of EU funds. UK builders will be guest workers in Poland.
          quite

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            By the time the England & Wales applies to re-join the EU; the Tory toffs will already have duel nationality with their money stashed offshore and England & Wales will be bankrupt. England & Wales will be the bottom of the EU economies and will be a net gainer of EU funds. UK builders will be guest workers in Poland.
            Wales will be independent long before that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Wales will be independent long before that.
              Every cloud, and all that...

Comment

Working...
              X