• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Better avoid Warburtons bread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better avoid Warburtons bread

Turns out it's vegan & halal certified...
    Paul Thompson on Twitter: "#uk #brexit #conservatives
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Loving some of the comments on the twatter feed.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Turns out it's vegan & halal certified...
      Paul Thompson on Twitter: "#uk #brexit #conservatives
      One of the few bakeries that use Sustainable Palm oil though...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I had some haram bacon for lunch. It was very good.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Loving some of the comments on the twatter feed.
          Wish you hadn't posted that. I'm in tears of laughter reading some of that. How dare you put halal into our bread !!!
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Why would you use palm oil in bread? Flour, salt and water is all you need... Yeast optional

I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Why would you use palm oil in bread? Flour, salt and water is all you need... Yeast optional

That's not what was said. They are a bakery and bread is not their only product.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                That's not what was said. They are a bakery and bread is not their only product.
                Many commercial bakers do use palm oil in their bread though. It "improves" the texture of the bread, keeps it from going stale for longer and helps maintain consistency.

Read the ingredients list on a loaf of commercial supermarket bread. There is a lot more in it than just flour, water and yeast.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Many commercial bakers do use palm oil in their bread though. It "improves" the texture of the bread, keeps it from going stale for longer and helps maintain consistency.

Read the ingredients list on a loaf of commercial supermarket bread. There is a lot more in it than just flour, water and yeast.

When I used to make bread (mostly sourdough) at home, I'd add some olive oil to it.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This is Brexit related how exactly?

Comment

Working...
                    X