• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best countries to get a contract given brexit & ir35 reform?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best countries to get a contract given brexit & ir35 reform?

And how to make yourself show up for contracts available in those countries. The following job sites allow to show your available location as:

Indeed: select only one country at a time (so create a profile per country you'd like?) there's also an anywhere availability box but probably applies within current country only

Reed: similar to indeed

CV-library : UK counties

Jobserve or jobsite, I forget which, has multi country search.

I think you've managed to find the three worst job sites out of an already terrible bunch

You could also look at LinkedIn, which is where most of my work comes from for the past 7+ years

Comment

Joberserve. Look down to the bottom left hand side of the filter list and you will see all of the other countries that have roles matching your search.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Without an EU passport Ireland is all that's left for UK citizen
        Versions of IR35 exist in other countries as well and sometime much more stringent versions than in the UK
        Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
          Without an EU passport Ireland is all that's left for UK citizen
          Versions of IR35 exist in other countries as well and sometime much more stringent versions than in the UK
          Like Belgium.

*shudder*
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Like Belgium.

*shudder*
            I was called about a gig in Belgium yesterday. Working for the EU.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              I was called about a gig in Belgium yesterday. Working for the EU.
              Provided you get a very decent rate and understand LIMOSA inside out, I’d say go for it.

Let us know how you get on.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Provided you get a very decent rate and understand LIMOSA inside out, I’d say go for it.

Let us know how you get on.
                Poor rate (€330pd). I politely declined.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Could try Spencer Ogden, Number8 Group, LA International. They normally have, or at least used to have, regular over seas positions. I don't think Brexit will cause too many problems, maybe some extra paperwork. I know a few guys working in Japan, Switzerland and Turkey who have never had problems with work permits etc. I wouldn't imagine that working in the EU will be any different to working in countries outside the EU.

As stated above, update your linked-in profile and network with recruiters in the country you fancy. That's probably best.

Comment

Originally posted by Si666 View Post
                    Could try Spencer Ogden, Number8 Group, LA International. They normally have, or at least used to have, regular over seas positions. I don't think Brexit will cause too many problems, maybe some extra paperwork. I know a few guys working in Japan, Switzerland and Turkey who have never had problems with work permits etc. I wouldn't imagine that working in the EU will be any different to working in countries outside the EU.

As stated above, update your linked-in profile and network with recruiters in the country you fancy. That's probably best.
                    As a non EU citizen you will be treated like workers from any other country such as Zimbabwe or Bangladesh
                    If they have equal candidates they will always take the one where the additional paperwork is not required. Applying for workvisa is not something recruiters and end customers are waiting for
                    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
                    X