• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where can i go to get out of the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
    I've lived in the UK my entire life and for the most part have been proud of the UK as a country.

However the last few years I've grown tired of the Tory party and the inward backward facing nature. It feels mired in red tape, tedious backward thinking policies and constant lies by a party that could care less about the middle and working classes.

With that in mind for the first time in my life I want to get out of the UK and use my skills and experience in a country more progressive.

Any Ideas, has anyone contracted abroad. I work with a lot of Europeans and love what they bring to the companies I've worked in.
    Bye

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      And yet the UK has more than some (but not all) other European countries. So we're not doomed yet.

EDIT: added "some (but not all)" for clarity, even though that should have been clear, but apparently not ffs
      Last edited by Platypus; 17 January 2020, 13:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        And yet the UK has more than other European countries. So we're not doomed yet.
        More what? More power, if so then you're wrong according to the survey:

Japan 1 Singapore 2
        South Korea 3
        Germany 3
        Italy 4
        Finland 4
        Spain 5
        Luxembourg 5
        Denmark 5
        Sweden 6
        France 6
        Switzerland 7
        Portugal 7
        Netherlands 7
        Ireland 7
        Austria 7
        United States 8
        United Kingdom 8
        Norway 8
        Greece 8
        Belgium 8
        However once the new blue UK passports printed by a French company in Poland get through the trade barriers that might be in place, then it is sure to be no. 1 again.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

No, we're not doomed yet... £250k gets you a holiday home in Portugal and an EU passport.

Just sayin' like...
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            No, we're not doomed yet... £250k gets you a holiday home in Portugal and an EU passport.

Just sayin' like...
            + low tax on none local income from memory.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              More what? More power, if so then you're wrong according to the survey:
              And yet, if being in the EU equates to "power" then these are rated below the UK in that list

Czech Republic 9
              Slovakia 10
              Hungary 10
              Slovenia 11
              Latvia 11
              Estonia 12
              Poland 14

So the UK does have more "power" than [some] other European countries.

I was thinking about visa free travel, although the media likes to equate that number with "power".

It will be interesting to see how many countries the UK loses (in terms of visa-free travel) after the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                And yet, if being in the EU equates to "power" then these are rated below the UK in that list

Czech Republic 9
                Slovakia 10
                Hungary 10
                Slovenia 11
                Latvia 11
                Estonia 12
                Poland 14

So the UK does have more "power" than [some] other European countries.

I was thinking about visa free travel, although the media likes to equate that number with "power".

It will be interesting to see how many countries the UK loses (in terms of visa-free travel) after the transition.
                Possibly, at least 27 European ones...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  You're not the first that I've heard looking for the exit.

The leavers pretend the country is united post election. Truth is it remains sorely divided, with years of recovery ahead before any possibility of economic prosperity.

Life is short, why be part of the Whateverspoons homemade depression?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    A recent poll(the GE) indicated that we, as a nation, are still heavily in favour of leaving the EU
                    It's a complete travesty of course as within the innumerable collection of pompous London-centric self-righteous social media bubbles, the urge to Remain continues to grumble along at fever pitch. Aided and abetted by umpteen gurning expats that nobody cares much about.

And someone really ought to remind all of these raft-clinging immigrants that by continuing to blow their life savings striving to get to Blighty, they are in fact unwittingly bypassing all of these supposed Nirvanas stretched across most of western europe, all of which can be reached for far less financial outlay.
                    They clearly haven't researched matters properly.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      And someone really ought to remind all of these raft-clinging immigrants that by continuing to blow their life savings striving to get to Blighty, they are in fact unwittingly bypassing all of these supposed Nirvanas stretched across most of western europe, all of which can be reached for far less financial outlay.
                      They clearly haven't researched matters properly.
                      95% of them have. Only 5% have come to the UK since 2008. I hope that puts your mind at rest.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X