• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where can i go to get out of the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can i go to get out of the UK

I've lived in the UK my entire life and for the most part have been proud of the UK as a country.

However the last few years I've grown tired of the Tory party and the inward backward facing nature. It feels mired in red tape, tedious backward thinking policies and constant lies by a party that could care less about the middle and working classes.

With that in mind for the first time in my life I want to get out of the UK and use my skills and experience in a country more progressive.

Any Ideas, has anyone contracted abroad. I work with a lot of Europeans and love what they bring to the companies I've worked in.

Dover?
    Heathrow?

hth

Comment

Social Progress Index - Wikipedia

Norway 1 90.95
      Denmark 2 90.09
      Switzerland 3 89.89
      Finland 4 89.56
      Sweden 5 89.45
      Iceland 6 89.29
      New Zealand 7 88.93
      Germany 8 88.84
      Canada 9 88.81
      Japan 10 88.34
      Netherlands 11 88.31
      Australia 12 88.02
      United Kingdom 13 87.98

HTH BIDI

Good luck on your mission, If I wasn't such a old Tory inward set in his ways bastard, New Zealand (North Island) would probably be my choice.

The 15 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in New Zealand
      Last edited by DimPrawn; 14 January 2020, 19:28.

Comment

You're not the first that I've heard looking for the exit.

The leavers pretend the country is united post election. Truth is it remains sorely divided, with years of recovery ahead before any possibility of economic prosperity.

Life is short, why be part of the Whateverspoons homemade depression?
        Last edited by scooterscot; 14 January 2020, 20:01.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          You're not the first that I've heard looking for the exit.

The leavers pretend the country is united post election. Truth is it remains sorely divided, with years of recovery ahead before and possibility of economic prosperity.

Life is short, why be part of the Whateverspoons homemade depression?
          That's the spirit, please form an orderly queue....

Comment

I'd hop to it if I were you...

UK passport drops to sixth in global power index

Ohh - I can travel to more countries visa free on my German passport!

How it feels to be part of a progressive forward thinking country
            Last edited by scooterscot; 14 January 2020, 20:32.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'd hope to it if I were you...

How it feels to be part of a teutonic robotic society
              ftfy

Comment

The leavers pretend the country is united post election
                A recent poll put Remain at 52% despite all the apparent glory of the Tory Bulltulip/Lying/Self Delusion election result. People voted for the Buffoon presumably because (for some reason) they found Corbyn even worse but don't assume the UK wants Brexit and don't assume it will slip through. By the latter part of this year the mounting damage to the country, coupled to the frightening prospect of No Deal, will create a big backlash. The Brexiteers will be forced to pull their heads out of the sand.
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

I'm thinking of leaving but not because of Brexit. Just fecking sick of the miserable weather in this country. Don't know about other parts of the country but this winter, down here in the Southwest, has been the wettest and windiest I can remember. Utterly depressing.

Canaries would be my choice. Don't think it's much good for IT contracting though.

Lanzarote Airport - BBC Weather

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I'd hop to it if I were you...

How it feels to be part of a progressive forward thinking country
                    And it's bound to fall a lot further after Dec 31st as most visa free regimes were agreed on EU basis.
                    But gammonheads don't travel abroad so they don't care
                    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
                    X