• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remain moaning production move to Europe chances increasing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remain moaning production move to Europe chances increasing

At least I hope so. Fed up with their stream of non stop negativity.

fed up is unfortunately not a metric that'll change how the country feels

since 2014 Scotland only seems more pent up on me last visit a few weeks ago to Glasgow.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      fed up is unfortunately not a metric that'll change how the country feels

since 2014 Scotland only seems more pent up on me last visit a few weeks ago to Glasgow.
      I think most of the country is fed up. But that is due to increasing inequality. The Scots get a bad deal from London. IMO.

I am sure there are some predictable "pent up" jokes there - can anyone assist in pointing out the obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        At least I hope so. Fed up with their stream of non stop inconvenient facts.
        FTFY - do I win a unicorn?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Fed up with their stream of non stop negativity.
          Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. [Corithians 9.6]
          A man reaps what he sows [Galations 6.7]
          Those who plant injustice will harvest disaster. [Proverbs 22.8]
          You have planted wickedness, you have reaped evil. [Hosea 10.13]
          To the grave, and beyond
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            A man reaps what he sows [Galations 6.7]

well as the scots reap lots more than they sow via the Barnett formula that would be quite handy and a positive move for the rest of the UK
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              well as the scots reap lots more than they sow via the Barnett formula that would be quite handy and a positive move for the rest of the UK
              Here's a simple and accurate analogy of how the Barnett Formula works, in terms an idiot could understand (based on the audience, IE, you)

You have a family of nine, i live alone. I give you £20 and you give me back £6 and tell me that i'm getting more than my fair share because I should really only get £2, based on my share of the population. Along with the £6, you also send my a bill for £20 for a 10% share in your new lawn mower, despite me not having a garden.

If Scotland leaving the UK saved rUK financially (for all the hand outs you believe we get), do you not think there would be even one Westminster MP calling for Scotland to be removed from the 'precious union' ? Among all the mad right wing nutters that you've just voted in, not one is calling for this ??

England is a country that doesn't manufacture anything, has almost zero natural resources, can't keep itself in water or electricity or gas, has a huge trade deficit but still has a superiority complex up there with the biggest in the world.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                England is a country that doesn't manufacture anything, has almost zero natural resources, can't keep itself in water or electricity or gas, has a huge trade deficit but still has a superiority complex up there with the biggest in the world.
                UK Manufacturing:
                UK Manufacturing Statistics

Of course, you said England, but I doubt the entirety of the UK's manufacturing is Scotch Whiskey.

Trade: Key Economic Indicators - Commons Library briefing - UK Parliament

This doesn't look like a *huge* trade deficit to me.

But as to why not one Westminster MP is calling for Scotland to be kicked out of the union baffles me. Maybe "the break up of the union" is seen as being a politically very bad thing (in terms of history), even though it would benefit the Tory party immensely if Scotland were out. Maybe it's the nuclear subs.

Maybe we just like the fact that the Scots hate us so much due to their inferiority complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Maybe we just like the fact that the Scots hate us so much due to their inferiority complex.
                  No, it's not that. Hate is not something Scotland does. Hate, that's an Daily wail England thing.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X