• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit was never about racism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit was never about racism

Or was it?
    Brought to you by your local Wetherspoons

Слава Україні! Героям слава!

It's not half as good as he thinks it is.

YES to brexit, YES to foreigners!

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-30-000-a.html
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 22 January 2020, 15:57.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

That's not racism it's xenophobia.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

That's not xenophobia, it's the final part of stage 4 'spoons.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My mate Tony (ex-contractor) voted Leave. He admitted his motivation was to stop the country being overrun by East Europeans. I don't think it was racist. He just didn't like the place being turned into a concrete jungle. It seemed to be the numbers invading his territory rather than anything about them individually.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            That's not racism it's xenophobia.
            Stupidity is probably more appropriate.

People think their country is overrun and that the increase in the population is due to the EU, but they forget 1.5 million Brits living in the EU. The increase in the population over the last 40 years due to being in the EU is 1.5 million. The population has however increased by 12 million. Free movement still exists and the net migration from the EU is extremely low, but the population is still growing at the same rate. The fact is EU citizens aren't coming so now immigrants are flooding in at the same rate but from different regions of the world.

Brexit is all about solving the "wrong" problem
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Stupidity is probably more appropriate.

People think their country is overrun and that the increase in the population is due to the EU, but they forget 1.5 million Brits living in the EU. The increase in the population over the last 40 years due to being in the EU is 1.5 million. The population has however increased by 12 million. Free movement still exists and the net migration from the EU is extremely low, but the population is still growing at the same rate. The fact is EU citizens aren't coming so now immigrants are flooding in at the same rate but from different regions of the world.

Brexit is all about solving the "wrong" problem
              Which people? Your generalisation suits your rhetoric and both are wrong.

#Sixdaystopartytime
              #FUQURemainers!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Which people? Your generalisation suits your rhetoric and both are wrong.

#Sixdaystopartytime
                #FUQURemainers!
                Hey fella, we lost, we'll get over it

I doubt you 'winners' will ever get over it though
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  #Sixdaystopartytime!
                  It's kind of you to visit Minestrone.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Looking forward to the celebrations on Friday. Brexiters will have a great time rubbing remoaners' noses in their defeat.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X