£ 30,000 £ 30,000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: £ 30,000

My post count is Majestic

Default £ 30,000

“The £30,000 minimum salary threshold for tier 2 visas was unnecessarily and arbitrarily high. It would have strangled the pipeline of talented younger people at the start of their careers, especially in key economic sectors such as the NHS and the creative industries. And family visas only require a minimum salary threshold of £18,600 to be able to bring some family members to the UK,” he said.

Johnson likely to end GBP30,000 immigration threshold post-Brexit | World news | The Guardian

Respect my authoritah!

Should just change it so that certain professions are exempt. IT not being one of them - for that it should be raised to £250K. (Vote NAT)
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

King of updation

Cue a 'trade deal' with India which allows 'It Graduates' to come to the UK on the new 'Boris 2' visa, with no minimum salary requirements to work for 'Consultancies' who have major shareholders who are cabinet ministers and Tory donors. That'll take up the slack in the private sector post April. The Torys will have solved a perceived skill shortage and the Uk economy will go from strength to strength (if you happen to be a shareholder in these 'consultancies or buy repossessed houses). Boris will save the day again ! Hooorah !!
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Cue a 'trade deal' with India which allows 'It Graduates' to come to the UK on the new 'Boris 2' visa, with no minimum salary requirements to work for 'Consultancies' who have major shareholders who are cabinet ministers and Tory donors. That'll take up the slack in the private sector post April. The Torys will have solved a perceived skill shortage and the Uk economy will go from strength to strength (if you happen to be a shareholder in these 'consultancies or buy repossessed houses). Boris will save the day again ! Hooorah !!

Only a problem if you don't own the platform.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    “The £30,000 minimum salary threshold for tier 2 visas was unnecessarily and arbitrarily high. It would have strangled the pipeline of talented younger people at the start of their careers, especially in key economic sectors such as the NHS and the creative industries. And family visas only require a minimum salary threshold of £18,600 to be able to bring some family members to the UK,” he said.

Johnson likely to end GBP30,000 immigration threshold post-Brexit | World news | The Guardian

Let's hope those who voted for it reap the benefits
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Let's hope those who voted for it reap the benefits
    If it only affected them then it would be fine, just like Brexit, unfortunately it would hit innocent people and those who voted for Brexit are too bund and dishonest to admit it was moronic idea.

Should post faster

What if EU decides to retaliate and give companies that wish to manufacture and trade in the EU a regulation friendly zone somewhere on the continent? Maybe somewhere sunny as south of Spain? And we all get a lifestyle upgrade and get to enjoy the same prospects and liberties as here?
    Would it be too much to consider?
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 23rd January 2020 at 01:23.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by GigiBronz View Post
    What if EU decides to retaliate and give companies that wish to manufacture and trade in the EU a regulation friendly zone somewhere on the continent? Maybe somewhere sunny as south of Spain? And we all get a lifestyle upgrade and get to enjoy the same prospects and liberties as here?
    Would it be too much to consider?
    I'd prefer the Basque region myself but I do fancy visiting Cadiz, I have to say.

Contractor Among Contractors

Default Brexit - the Referendum that keeps on Giving

Welcome to Bangalore-on-Thames
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

More time posting than coding

Nice one! Those xenophobic brexiters thickos didn't see this coming.

uk is basically exchanging 1 european for 10 indians.

Not only that, but the new immigrant population will just do the same jobs as the brits but for half the money. And I'm not just talking about IT jobs....all of the jobs.

On a positive note, the quality of indian takeaways will improve a lot. Yum!