• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£ 30,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    the quality of indian takeaways will improve a lot.
    80% of Indian restaurants are Bangladeshi, I believe.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      xenophobic brexiters thickos didn't see this coming.
      All along the Indians were quite open and saying "While you are in the EU we have to accept whatever we can but the moment you're out you're going to have to grovel for a trade deal!" The brexiteers had full access to that information but couldn't see it. That was mainly because they had their heads buried in the sand. And still have.

But not for much longer
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Let's play a "fun" game.

In addition to all the IT jobs, what other jobs can Indian immigrants take away from the brits? I say pretty much all the jobs that don't pay minimum wage; for the minimum wage ones, employers will still prefer a brit over an Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I'd prefer the Basque region myself but I do fancy visiting Cadiz, I have to say.
          They'll probably end up with "the rock" anyway after the negotiation. Why not extend it a bit and make it a business friendly place to lure UK business in. English speaking, same law principles, just a different location.
          Wouldn't be too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I'd prefer the Basque region myself but I do fancy visiting Cadiz, I have to say.
            I found the Basque region a bit meh - a bit like Wales where the locals appear to be very insular & resent foreigners
            Cadiz was the one place where a photo of the stricken HMS Sheffield was predominately displayed in a locals window & all I could do to stop myself kicking in the front door
            Twats!

Comment

Working...
            X