• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£ 30,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£ 30,000

“The £30,000 minimum salary threshold for tier 2 visas was unnecessarily and arbitrarily high. It would have strangled the pipeline of talented younger people at the start of their careers, especially in key economic sectors such as the NHS and the creative industries. And family visas only require a minimum salary threshold of £18,600 to be able to bring some family members to the UK,” he said.

Johnson likely to end GBP30,000 immigration threshold post-Brexit | World news | The Guardian

Should just change it so that certain professions are exempt. IT not being one of them - for that it should be raised to £250K. (Vote NAT)
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cue a 'trade deal' with India which allows 'It Graduates' to come to the UK on the new 'Boris 2' visa, with no minimum salary requirements to work for 'Consultancies' who have major shareholders who are cabinet ministers and Tory donors. That'll take up the slack in the private sector post April. The Torys will have solved a perceived skill shortage and the Uk economy will go from strength to strength (if you happen to be a shareholder in these 'consultancies or buy repossessed houses). Boris will save the day again ! Hooorah !!
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Cue a 'trade deal' with India which allows 'It Graduates' to come to the UK on the new 'Boris 2' visa, with no minimum salary requirements to work for 'Consultancies' who have major shareholders who are cabinet ministers and Tory donors. That'll take up the slack in the private sector post April. The Torys will have solved a perceived skill shortage and the Uk economy will go from strength to strength (if you happen to be a shareholder in these 'consultancies or buy repossessed houses). Boris will save the day again ! Hooorah !!

Only a problem if you don't own the platform.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          “The £30,000 minimum salary threshold for tier 2 visas was unnecessarily and arbitrarily high. It would have strangled the pipeline of talented younger people at the start of their careers, especially in key economic sectors such as the NHS and the creative industries. And family visas only require a minimum salary threshold of £18,600 to be able to bring some family members to the UK,” he said.

Johnson likely to end GBP30,000 immigration threshold post-Brexit | World news | The Guardian

Let's hope those who voted for it reap the benefits
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Let's hope those who voted for it reap the benefits
            If it only affected them then it would be fine, just like Brexit, unfortunately it would hit innocent people and those who voted for Brexit are too bund and dishonest to admit it was moronic idea.

Comment

What if EU decides to retaliate and give companies that wish to manufacture and trade in the EU a regulation friendly zone somewhere on the continent? Maybe somewhere sunny as south of Spain? And we all get a lifestyle upgrade and get to enjoy the same prospects and liberties as here?
              Would it be too much to consider?
              Last edited by GigiBronz; 23 January 2020, 01:23.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                What if EU decides to retaliate and give companies that wish to manufacture and trade in the EU a regulation friendly zone somewhere on the continent? Maybe somewhere sunny as south of Spain? And we all get a lifestyle upgrade and get to enjoy the same prospects and liberties as here?
                Would it be too much to consider?
                I'd prefer the Basque region myself but I do fancy visiting Cadiz, I have to say.

Comment

Brexit - the Referendum that keeps on Giving

Welcome to Bangalore-on-Thames
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Nice one! Those xenophobic brexiters thickos didn't see this coming.

uk is basically exchanging 1 european for 10 indians.

Not only that, but the new immigrant population will just do the same jobs as the brits but for half the money. And I'm not just talking about IT jobs....all of the jobs.

On a positive note, the quality of indian takeaways will improve a lot. Yum!

Comment

Working...
                    X