• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only Remote & intracommunity VAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Remote & intracommunity VAT

Hello,

I'm a developer, I have a UK LTD company and I work exclusively remotely from home.
    Since this month, I've been working with two companies: the first one is based in Ireland and the second one in Switzerland.
    My turnover is lesser than 85000£ but I had to register to the VAT scheme because it's mandatory for working with Ireland (I need to display a VAT number on my invoices).

My questions are (remember my turnover is lesser than 85000) :
    - Do I need to add VAT for my Irish customer or does the VAT is managed in Ireland?
    - Same question for my Swiss customer?
    - Can I have only a European bank account for my LTD or do I need also a UK bank account?

Thanks for your help,
    Pierre

What does your accountant say?

/NLUK

Comment

/ask HMRC

It depends

Businesses and charging VAT: Providing services to EU businesses - GOV.UK

If you supply services to a business customer in the EU, you don’t need to charge VAT - the customer is responsible for paying VAT in their country.
      or

Digital Services Registering for VAT in other EU countries - GOV.UK

The rules are different if your business supplies digital services to consumers in other EU countries and those sales go above a certain amount.
      EDIT; What happens after the 31st? Feck knows
      Last edited by SimonMac; 23 January 2020, 15:36.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        /ask HMRC

EDIT; What happens after the 31st? Feck knows
        Everything stays the same.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          Everything stays the same.
          except for the bits that don't.

Comment

Working...
          X